I have been know to script. I use Dialog Studio occasionally, when I want to get a well-designed dialog up, quickly and easily. Then I tweak the resultant dialog table manually in mIRC's editor.

This is the way every decent scripter I know personally works as well (that I've discussed it with). I know a few scripters *wink*. Notice the use of the word "every"; I don't know anyone who doesn't use it that scripts dialogs -- not anyone. Therefore, based on my own experience, I would say that 90% is quite low.

Dialog Studio CAN do what I cannot...allow me to add controls, size them, move them, etc. visually until I have them where I feel they work best. That would take hours to do by changing the x y w h values by hand (and yes, I and every scripter I know has done that before too -- frequently).

Deciding not to use a tool like Dialog Studio is your choice, but it is based on "old skool" attitude or pure cussedness -- also your choice.

As for the design of your dialog, I think it's entirely too cramped...it desparately needs whitespace around most of the controls. Not much, perhaps, but definitely more than what's there. In Dialog Studio, making those changes would be trivial. Using solely mIRC's editor, it would take you much longer, even if you worked out the changes mathematically...and then tweaked them to what finally looked good.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C