I did try one once. It wasn't Dialogue Studio, but something else, though I froget the name as it was some years ago now. At the time I just believed it to be a gimmick more than a fairdinkum tool. It worked reasonably well but didn't do anything that I couldn't do myself. I dpn't dispute that speed can be an important factor for those that have to have it done right now but that issue isn't important to me.

I dispute your claim about 90% of scripters using a visual dialogue editor though. While such things may be popular I doubt they have such a commanding peneration of the 'market'. I know several scripters personally and they do not use such things. In relation to websites their attitude is the same, they use either Notepad or something like U-Edit or Edit Plus.

I am in the middle of replacing my website and I am hand-coding the lot using Notepad, one of the reasons why I don't write mIRC scripts at the moment. I'm in no hurry as I want everything perfect. At the end I will have a site that works in ALL current browser versions on Windows, Unix and Apple and it will also comply with XHTML 1.1 + CSS (Strictly) - something I could not achieve with Dreamweaver and other leading web-dev software.

There is no doubt at all that visual creation is quicker, infact far quicker, but that can come at a cost at times.