Originally Posted by maroon
Yes you would make those 2 changes, but would do it in the code I posted, not in the new code you just posted. Your new code continues to have some of the problems I mentioned last time, plus your new code adds more things that fail. My code had BOTH the JOIN and NICK events calling the same badnick_alias, so if you wanted to make changes to the timer message or actions, then they would always be the same messages for both events. You are going back to the same code for the JOIN event which won't always work. If you have 2 bad nicks joining near the same time, your fixed name timers means that the timerb timerc timerd timere timerf will all be re-used for the 2nd nick, and nothing will be enforced against the 1st nick.

Your new code uses a /BS that is either a bad command error, or is using an alias that you didn't post, so I have no idea whether it works or not. Hopefully the /BS is not an alias that tries to use /say to send the message to the channel. If you use the /say in a script, it will work only if that channel is the active window. You can test this by going to the channel window and use the command:

/timer 1 5 say test

which will send the message 5 seconds later. If that channel is the active window, then that works. But if your cursor is in the status window or somewhere else, then this either fails, or goes to the wrong window.

In the one I posted, the first part about ON JOIN, perfectly work. Second part about nick changed by NickServ, doesn't work.
If i.e. I join with a registered nick, but I'm not the owner, so NickServ changeit in a guest nick (MindUser*****).
And I also tried to enter with a random free nick, then I manually changed it in MindUser12345, and nothing happened.
So it perfectly works on join, not on newnick
The one You posted, doesn't work at all to me. Tested on Mirc 7.65 / 6.35 and tried to join and change nick with eMuleIRC

Last edited by Fernet; 05/03/23 02:10 PM. Reason: Wrote more informations