Thanks for the feedback.

The %var.bf is the whole variable name. Any scripts that already use variables ending in .bf will work in the same way, ie. it is backward compatible. The naming method also means that it can be persistently stored and recognized as a bigfloat in vars.ini and when used by the scripting language.

I experimented with a variety of methods to enable bigfloat: "/bigfloat command", "$bigfloat()", adding flags/switches to existing commands/identifiers, as well as creating around forty commands/identifiers prefixed with /bnXXX and $bnXXX() that match existing commands/identifiers (in this case, new identifiers were needed for if/while comparisons as I did not want to create /bnif and /bnwhile commands), and so on. I also originally considered calling it /bignum and using %var.bn.

In the end, my preference was for simplicity - using %var.bf makes it easy/seamless to use, persistent/recognizable in different contexts, and backward compatible.

If your script happens to use a %var.bf already, for whatever purpose, it will be treated in the same way as usual - except that if you try to use for it number calculations, it will be able to calculate arbitrarily large numbers.