As I said, the main purpose for the tutorial would be to teach people to script in a streamlined manner. The tutorial would teach people to script 'efficently' by probably showing common pitfalls and such.

Although I agree that it can be argued that there is no "wrong way" or "right way" to script exactly. Usuaully some ways of scripting are better than others for most instances.. That you can't argue against. :P

Btw dude.. Your example doesn't pertain to all instances of what could occur as it seems to be presented as doing.. I also did not say that the tutorial couldn't show more than 1 way of scripting.. As with any tutorial, it tells the user that there ARE different ways of scripting..

You also shouldn't speak for others, because it's obvious that there are people who would like to see a good tutorial included with mIRC.. Of the 6 people who are included in this topic so far, 2 of them agree with the idea, 2 of them don't, 1 of them posted a suggestion as to how to find a tutorial (uh?), and one offered to write a tutorial for a price.. If this was a ballot, it'd be 50% for, 50% against, and the other third of people wouldn't have voted..

I did not mention DLL programming, did I? I was talking about mIRC scripting.. Learning to program dll files was something clockwerx suggested, not something I did. (although I think for an 'advanced' section, that would be a wonderful addition to the tutorial)

Also, is anyone going to hold a gun to anyone's head to read the tutorial and script the way it says? How would it make scripting less fun? It would make scripting easier.. The whole reason why scripting is fun is because of what you can do, not because you have to search around the entire mIRC help file.. (unless you have an S&M relationship with your mIRC help file.. *chuckle*) Do you think the "Command List" link on mIRC's webpage is there because people find it very easy to look through the mIRC help file? uh, no. :P

mIRC is a very popular chat client that a lot of people script in, in my opinion, because it much easier to script in than it is to create progrrams in C++ or whatever.. You can start scripting simple and useful scripts immediately after reading a few pages of the help file. There is not much "overhead" to learn before one can script. What a tutorial would do would remove uncertainty and eliminate all of the wasteful time spent by someone looking all over the help file for something to use.

I don't see how a tutorial would have any adverse effects.. Because anyone who doesn't want to use the tutorial, just wouldn't.. And there'd most likely be no stigma attached to mIRC for the person who just simply doesn't use the tutorial..

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]