I still think every tool has it's time and place. Codemaster you remind of the carpenter who uses a hammer to drive a screw in.

Instead of using a drill to make a whole and a screwdriver to push the nail in.

Every language has it's purpose. Some are more multi purpose then others.

As for ASP we choose to use ASP with Java Script, using VB COM components in COM+ and a SQL server database because we can build an application and have it in the field including the time it took from design to deployment 3 weeks.

I love open source solutions but I wouldn't place my critical components on a product which offers minimal support. MySQL e-mail support for one year is 1,500. I wonder how much is the phone support I demand when our server goes down or when the night before a release we find a show stopping bug (Not to mention I don't think it has the same XML support that SQL server does or comparable so now I'd have to build strings in a scripting language or a component, lot of code unless I built an engine for that but at this point I just paid for the SQL server license)

Also since when is ASP free? I'd love to know where you can go and get Windows 2000 Server for free without paying anything.