Because I can export functions from VB6, so it would be cool to get this to work. I know about the COM support for mIRC I've used it a bit, probally going try and play around with a C# component and create a COM interface for it and see if it will work. But getting the export function to work would be a personal victory;-)

On another note, I am so tired of hearing people knock VB. LIke someone on this thread was. Imbed ASM code? Why not you CAN do it in VB. Call system API's? Why not you CAN do it in VB. Create Objects on the fly, hook the IUnknown interface why not you CAN do it in VB.

And speed. There are web based applications supporting 10,000 users on a single server performing 50,000 - 100,000 hits an hour. I'll build something in VB in 20 mins and go outside and play while you spend weeks doing it in C.

And you think Java is fast? It's just as slow as VB. Yes VB will never be as fast as C/C++ it's not designed to be. It's designed to be a rapid enviroment where you can roll out new software and take a concept to beta in 3 weeks and full production in 6.

I've seen amazing stuff done with VB. 90% of bad VB code is because the programer is a moron who doesn't know his left hand from his right.

As far as VB.Net and C# they are for the most part the same. In C# you can call unsafe code.

Now I have a suggestion Mr. Engineer, you know computers you were trained as you said in every language possible but you obviously missed a lesson. Every tool has a place and purpose. And if you've never found VB's purpose as anything more then a 20 minute proof then I am sorry.

Sorry for my rant but I am really tired of this discussion. One last thing before I close. I am not saying VB is perfect or it does everything cause it doesn't. It is definetly crippled as far as speed, flexibility and performance goes but it is not as crippled as people think it is. All you need is a little imagination.

Josh