Well your reply here is typical of many of your replies, you again misquoted me. I didn't say VB dod NOT work on other platforms. I just mentioned it's suitability for anything but Windows and was quoting from books I'd read.

I am aware of current developments, including a version of .NET for Linux (if it's not already available it mihgt be one day). But really, why would you bother, it's like people that run PHP on a Windows webserver and ASP on a Unix one, where clearly both work just as well, if not better, on their native environments.

When it all comes down to it, I go with my gut feelings and be a leader instead of being a blind follower. In saying that I use my own website as an example. It's hosting on Windows, runs VB Script, ASP and MS Access, all four attributes are considered taboo by the so-called l337 of the web but then again my website has had about 0% downtime in the last 18 months. What could I possibly complain about? Ohhh, I could take into account the speed differential of 0.00000000345573264875 seconds harvested by some silly benchmark which the naked eye could never see but then I'd suffer in some other way.

I suppose people that use the web to make money agree with me.