Originally Posted By: hixxy
In that case I would like to see $findfilecall() and $finddircall(), just like $dllcall() and $comcall() - there has been a relatively few number of bug reports related to these identifiers since their addition to the language and I haven't seen any hideous crash reports.

$comcall and $dllcall are not (strictly) multi-threaded, which is likely why, if you were expecting to see thread related "hideous crash reports", you saw none. When they do involve threads, they're completely synchronized on mIRC's end, which isn't really the same issue at all. Functionally they are simply asynchronous callback functions that make use of the SINGLE THREADED event loop-- mIRC always responds in the same thread. There's no reason why mIRC can't do the same thing with $findfile, except that it will make lookups much slower-- not in terms of responsiveness, but in terms of time to complete a search.

Note that you can achieve the exact same effect by simply writing a /timer loop over $findfile(dir,*,%i)

Also, if you're really concerned with speed, you can also write your own DLL that does directory traversal with an asynchronous callback by just passing your directory and callback method to $dllcall

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"