Update: The bugs described in this thread are still present in mIRC 7.1.

My previous posts from 2 years ago probably got a bit confusing since I didn't have reliable reproduction steps for a while, so I'll just summarize the issues again and provide reproduction steps that I verified work in a vanilla mIRC 7.1.

Bug 1: mIRC showing as active when it isn't + incorrect button highlighting

Reproduction:

- do a /list and keep the channels list window open
- Put //.timer 1 3 list | .timer 1 3 join #somechan in the editbox and hit enter
- before the timer fires, click on an empty spot on the windows taskbar so mIRC is not the active window anymore

Result: mIRC's titlebar color changes to indicate that it's the active application, even though by taskbar state it is not. The button of the channel that was joined via timer is highlighted and now remains highlighted even after you activate mIRC again.

Bug 2: Switchbar not being updated while mIRC isn't active

Reproduction:

- Put /.timer 1 3 join #somechan in the editbox and hit enter
- before the timer fires, click on an empty spot on the windows taskbar to deactivate mIRC

Result: The channel is joined properly and brought to the top, but the switchbar isn't updated accordingly: It still shows the previous window's button as active and is only updated once you make mIRC the active application again.