Originally Posted By: s00p
Secondly, if you had read my original post carefully, you might have noticed that on RAWMODE doesn't provide the functionality that I've suggested. Why should I have to use on RAWMODE to parse chanmodes, any more than I should have to use on RAWMODE to parse something that on USERMODE should?

Thirdly, there may not be any IRC servers that currently employ modes that take multiple, space-delimetered parameters, however there is +a, which as the standard dictates, is mode "anonymous" for a channel (and requires an argument). Many popular non-compliant IRCds use +a as a form of "more powerful +o", or kick-protection, which both require an argument.
Any other modes that you can think of that are standard, but not treated in a compliant fashion by popular IRCds? Use your head.

There's no need to be so defensive. I already addressed this in my original reply when I suggested that $mode could be extended to handle all modes that take parameters, so either you didn't read my post, or you still don't know what $mode is.

That, in addition to there being no existing modes that take multiple parameters, means there's absolutely no reason to implement a new, parameter-popping event mechanism. Which renders your suggestion pointless. Oh, perhaps that's why you're being so defensive?