Originally Posted By: Wims
Why did you fill a bug report ?

I consider it inconvenient that I can't easily access exempts, and I figured this might be something that was missed. As you'll find by carefully reading this post, exempts are part of the standard.

On mode is for channel mode, that's why there's on ban on op etc (things related to users).

Thanks, I did quite obviously acknowledge that. You seem to be inadequate at reading. I suggest improving your comprehension skills.

+e isn't in the RFC, that's why there's no event (like the +q/+a)

Neither is RAW 004 , according to RFC1459 (the old standard). However, mIRC still implements $chanmodes, $chantypes, etc. I suppose it depends which RFC you read, huh? Here's a quote from the RFC 2811 (part of the standard for IRC as modified in 2000): "e - set/remove an exception mask to override a ban mask;" Perhaps you didn't know there's an update to RFC1459? Or your comprehension skills need improvement... (edit: fyi, +q and +a are channel modes according to RFC2811, but they don't do what you believe they do... 004 is standard as described in RFC2812)

That's also why there's on rawmode, let you trigger anything you want.

I'm well aware of that, however it doesn't quite provide the functionality that I suggested. Read over my original post carefully if you wish to know more, because I do believe I provided an adequate explanation.

Originally Posted By: Collective
There already exists the on RAWMODE event and $mode. Perhaps the latter should be extended to work for all mode chars which take a parameter.

I'm well aware of that, however it doesn't quite provide the functionality that I suggested. Read over my original post carefully if you wish to know more, because I do believe I provided an adequate explanation.

Originally Posted By: Collective
Until then you can use starbucks_mafia's solution.

I appreciate your suggestion. However after reading over his solution briefly, I won't be using it. I'll post my solution once I'm done, so you can see and hopefully understand why. I would suggest reconsidering the language that you use to infer your suggestions in the future.

Thankyou, guys.

Last edited by s00p; 15/04/10 12:33 PM.