Firstly, to whoever banned me, I would greatly appreciate an explanation. My responses have been as curteous as possible without completely cramming it down their heads that they haven't read my original post accurately.

Secondly, if you had read my original post carefully, you might have noticed that on RAWMODE doesn't provide the functionality that I've suggested. Why should I have to use on RAWMODE to parse chanmodes, any more than I should have to use on RAWMODE to parse something that on USERMODE should?

Thirdly, there may not be any IRC servers that currently employ modes that take multiple, space-delimetered parameters, however there is +a, which as the standard dictates, is mode "anonymous" for a channel (and requires an argument). Many popular non-compliant IRCds use +a as a form of "more powerful +o", or kick-protection, which both require an argument.
Any other modes that you can think of that are standard, but not treated in a compliant fashion by popular IRCds? Use your head.

My "mIRC alternative" is coming along slowly, as study at college has taken top priority. How is your "standing in the way of progress" progressing, by the way?

Last edited by n00py; 15/04/10 01:31 PM.