Originally Posted By: s00p
I'm well aware of that. Read over my original post carefully if you wish to know more, because I do believe I provided an adequate explanation.

Somehow I doubt you were aware of on RAWMODE before it was mentioned here, as it would certainly have warranted a mention given that you started your post bemoaning the lack of "the ability to catch chanmode +e/-e events", which on RAWMODE provides (however awkwardly).

As for your 'popping' suggestion, it seems to be a solution in search of a problem. Are there actually any IRC servers currently employing modes that take multiple, space-delimited parameters? I've never seen one. Of course, even if such modes are in use on RAWMODE allows scripters to parse the entire mode line, so your suggestion seems to provide little extra benefit. As an aside, both on RAWMODE and $mode would have been relevant here, and again you mentioned neither.

Quote:
I would suggest reconsidering the language that you use to infer your suggestions in the future.

I have reconsidered my use of language and find it most pleasing. Your misuse of "infer", however, risks angering the Language Gods greatly.

How is your mIRC replacement progressing, by the way?