Hi.

mIRC 6.35.

I'm using Win7 RTM from an ISO with this name:
SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_7_64BIT_English_Full_MLF_X15-71037.ISO

(from work)

Ie. 64-bit Win7 RTM as released for companies, etc. medio August 2009. The graphics card is Asus GeForce 9600GT. I have installed all Windows updates. The mIRC install is completely untouched, except for a few added aliases.

This problem is definitely reproducible, as it has been partially driving me nuts since I switched to Win7. Have been using mIRC since the 90s. I am a paying customer.

The icons blink/flicker on a whim when I click various channel windows. It's 100% reproducible, as someone stated earlier, by clicking the status window, waiting for the tooltip text to appear and then moving the mouse to the first channel window. The icons flicker frantically every time.

Hope this is of some value in legitimating that there indeed appears to be an issue which is somehow related to mIRC. Ultraflesh is not the only one experiencing this.

Edit: I forgot to mention the CPU usage aspect. mirc.exe is indeed the process that consumes CPU when the flickering occurs.

At least now I (partially) know what's causing it.

Good luck in further tracking down the cause, and I sure would appreciate a "fix".

Last edited by joakimbs; 12/09/09 03:12 PM.