argv0 {
I'm not sure where you learned your logic, but the statement "0/0=1 is more meaningful than 0/0=0" cannot be proven by example. In any case, my last example specifically contradicts your conjecture that the value 1 is more meaningful than 0 which explicitly disproves your conclusion. You can never send '1 bytes per second' when %bytes = 0. That is a clearly invalid result, hands down. Perhaps you should re-read my post in its entirety rather than selectively choosing one of the three examples, and come to the proper conclusion.
}

I can read you claim saying 0 + 0 = 1 cannot be proven by example, but this is just a claim, because I just proved it by example. If you've got op in 0 of 0 channels, you got op in all channels you're on: 100%. The fact that you're not op anywhere, is not relevant, because the question doesn't ask for whether or not you're an op somewhere, but the relationship between op and channels joined. If you are sending 0 bytes per 0 sec you are sending 1 byte at a time (supported by your own "objection" saying it's not possible to _send_ nothing). And finally, when you're saying 0 of 0 isn't 100% of a file, you are correctly interpretting what you're asking by your function. You ask: what is -bytes divided by bytes total-. The answer for any positive values holds -how great portion of a file has been sent-, but holds no information about how many bytes that actually leave your computer, as you like to think. Where you think you ask for number of bytes, you're actually asking for a proportion.

The conclusion is still unescapeable. 0 / 0 = 1 makes much more sense in all your examples. You get the values correct most of the times, but not when total is zero.

And remember, I already said that NA would be even more meaningful, but if there is a goal to give a numberical answer to any question, 1 is more meaninful than 0.