No offence, but that is the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. Almost every 'reason' is either irrelevant or is actually a reason to keep the commands.

Quote:
The major motivation behind this is because the spelling of "colour" is clearly unamerican,

Clearly unamerican? Imagine that. Since Khaled, and therefore mIRC, are both from the UK, it seems to me that the /color and $color commands were added simply for the convenience of american users. If Khaled chose to remove one or the other, he should remove the one that isn't part of his language. If you are worried about unamerican, you're going to die when you see how Khaled has used 'grey', 'behaviour', etc throughout the help file.

Quote:
... and i've been getting a few letters from the department of homeland security concerning this matter.

You've been getting letters about homeland security regarding the fact that mIRC has a /colour command? That is absolutely rediculous. Those people should be spending their time on things that are actually matters of US national security.

Quote:
It's just too simple of a change to put up so much resistance over. It's just not worth it.

Not worth keeping the /colour command? Seems to me that it would be more trouble and effort for Khaled to remove the command than it is for him to do nothing. What would you say if Khaled said he was removing the /color command? Would we be able to say that "It's just too simple of a change to put up so much resistance over"?

Quote:
Also, another reason why /colour should be removed is to break backward compatibility.

I think the goal of most programming languages is to maintain backward compatibility whenever possible, as long as doing so doesn't hinder the advancement of that language. Somehow I don't think that /colour is holding mIRC back in any way.

Quote:
Backward compatibility encourages really lazy scripting and encourages the use of thrid party scripts without learning scripting first.

Backwards compatibility may (in some rare instances) allow (not encourage) lazy scripting, but that doesn't really have any bearing on whether people will use third party scripts without learning scripting first. I suspect that you didn't read through the source code of Windows before you started using it, did you? I didn't think so. It's unreasonable for the end-user to have to read through and understand the entirety of every bit of software before they use it.

Quote:
Backward compatibility is a reason that most of the spamming, annoying, flooding, and exploitation scripts from yesteryear are still in use. I understand that none of those 4 types of scripts would use the /colour command, but It's a noble cause and as heartwarming as the motive is, I just don't buy it.

Obviously, /colour isn't used in "the scripts from yesteryear", but could you give some examples of other mIRC commands that were maintained for backwards compatibility and were the cause of any of those spamming/annoying/flooding/exploitation scripts? Removing one of those backwards-compatible commands may inadvertently make some of those script no longer work, but at the same time it would break far more legitimate scripts for no good reason. For example, the $() (alias to $eval()) identifier, was maintained because it is used throughout a large majority of existing mIRC scripts. And come to think of it, /colour doesn't exist for backwards compatibility, it likely exists because Khaled added it first, and then added /color when the Americans complained that they couldn't spell colour (or something like that).

Quote:
Also, can you imagine how badly the /colour command is promoting incorrect spelling? What if sesame street started teaching toddlers how to spell incorrectly. They wouldn't even know it was incorrect,...

OMG, you are absolutely correct. The inclusion of /colour in mIRC will lead to the downfall of civilization. No wait, my mistake; it will lead to the downfall of AMERICAN civilization only. I have to say that anyone who is learning to speak by reading the mIRC help file is undoubtedly doomed from the beginning.

Quote:
...and before you know it, we'd all wind up canadian without even moving.

Haha, you wish you could be Canadian. I've travelled to Europe, and I see how Americans have to hide the fact that they are American, just so they don't get mugged in the streets. In fact, I know that many Americans put CANADIAN insignia (Canadian flags, etc) on their person and luggage when they travel abroad. I could also throw in the fact that no one flies planes into Canadian buildings, but that might be in bad taste.

Quote:
And finally, the reason i bring this up is because I'm a close personal friend of Khaled's, and i know how much he hates people that have two-digit IQ's.

I doubt that you are anything to Khaled. I suspect that the only reason you know his name, is because it is in the mIRC about window.

Quote:
I know how much he would love to "stick it to the man", "scam the scammers", and "give em a floppsy-dopsy ching-change turnaround".

I have no idea what that even means..

Anyway, it is my opinion that both /color and /colour should be kept, simply because I don't see any relevent reason to remove one or the other.

-genius_at_work