Quote:
Quote:
Just to clarify the point with /splay, while it is used commonly in audio players and other non-irc related scripts, it was infact implemented for irc-related reasons.

How do you know this?
After a quick browse through versions.txt I'm more inclined to believe that /splay was implemented for general purpose sound playing, rather than just IRC-related events.

Before /splay was implemented there was a /wavplay (maybe /playwav) command which only played .wav files, then /splay was added so you could play both .wav and .mid, a couple of versions later mp3 support was added to it along with the on mp3end event and the $mp3() identifier.

Well first of all i said irc-related reasons, for use with things such as events. To create custom alerts and so on. Secondly, thanks, you just proved my point and contradicted yourself, well done.

In any case i wont reply to this thread anymore, because at the end of the day it doesn't matter. While i would prefer that commands, events and identifiers that have absolutely no forseable irc-related use not be implemented; for simple reasons such as they would be used by an incredibly low minority, the useless bulk continued implementation of such functions would add and the fact that the purpose of the mirc scripting language is to allow customisation and enhancement of a users irc experience not try to be a programming language for dummies. When it comes down to it the choice is entirely at the developers discretion, and he will make a decision based on his own opinion.

At this point we are just wasting each others time, so lets just agree to disagree.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby