Quote:
First of all your argument examples are void, what you requested was something VERY specific, and are useless for anything other than editing some audio file.

/splay is useless for anything other than playing some audio file. What's the difference?

Quote:
Furthermore, mirc IS just an irc client. Do not mistake the scriptability for sounds and the draw commands for something they are not. fex /draw* is useful for many things, such as creating fancy picwin dialogs.

No it isn't. It's an IRC client with a fairly powerful scripting language that has gone far beyond existing just to extend/improve your IRC experience. Sockets, COM support, dll support, picture windows ALL have nothing to do with IRC.

Many people use mIRC scripting as their platform of choice for writing hundreds of non-IRC related things, and they do it sucessfully.

/draw* does nothing more than let you create and manipulate windows with shapes and graphics on them. If you want to write a slow GUI using the mouse events picture windows can capture then be my guest.

Quote:
Personally, i dont see why people would want such things as tag editing scripts in mirc. Obviously you find this useful, but i doubt there are many others. So why bulk up mirc with something so specific that very few are going to even look at let alone use.

I know a lot of people that would gladly use them. I'd imagine that anyone that's written an audio player script for mIRC would've liked to add ID3-tag editing to their scripts.
Besides, there are other things in mIRC that aren't used by many people at all, in my 3-4 years of helping on several scripting sites and IRC I can't recall a single question about the voice commands (/help voice commands).

Quote:
As for dlls: If your frustrated with bulky dll's when all you want is one function, then maybe have a go a writing your own.

Although I could most likely write my own (in this situation), I use mIRC scripting for its simplicity, as soon as I have to start programming to get things done it stops being fun.