Quote:
I would have to concider this complete overkill and unneccersary bulk, mirc is not a sound editor.

Nor is it a text editor, but we have /write and /f*.
Nor is it an audio player, but we have /splay.
Nor is it a graphics program, but we have /draw*.

The "mIRC is not a <insert program here>" argument is getting old. mIRC has long been more than just an IRC client.

Quote:
Such scripting function are very specific to just one purpose, music players/organisers. I think this should be left to a dll.

Dlls are all well and good, but try using 10+ different dlls to get the functionality you need. Your project becomes unmanageable and a task whore.
Any other method to do something like this is very sluggish (/bwrite, for example).

Quote:
Do you mean the buttons on the switchbar? because the background can already be changed.

I'm talking about the icons for each type of window (channel, status, query, channel list, notify list, dcc send, dcc get, etc).

Quote:
Probably another thing better left to dll's, of which there are many for this function already.

So I should download a dll (most of which are bloated with other stuff I don't need) to add an extra button to the toolbar? That's overkill.
This functionality is also built into the toolbar control itself afaik.