Quote:
As for the DLLs... I have to agree that if you need so many and only need a piece of each one, then you really should go and make your own DLL to do those things. It may not be as fun for you, but then you don't have to deal with all those DLLs. That's your choice, though. But, if you choose not to just because it's not fun, you can't really complain that you have too many DLLs. smile

I am not a skilled programmer, I only have basic knowledge.. and compiling several dlls into one isn't a wise practice when I don't know how each one was made.

I complain about the amount of dlls I have to use because the effort required to implement the features of certain dlls would be trivial at best for an accomplished programmer such as Khaled.

Quote:
As a note on your logic... "mIRC has all these extra non-IRC features already, so why not add more?" ... At some point, we have to choose to make a line that isn't crossed. If we use that logic, mIRC will grow into a very bulky program that tries to do everything every other program can do. As far as I'm concerned, new features are wonderful... BUT, we need to add only the features that enhance IRC, make common scripts easier to write, or is needed by, or will be used by, a majority of users. If we start adding features just because we can, then it just ruins the program.

I don't know if you noticed but none of the suggestions I make are really asking for more features unrelated to IRC, they're asking for the features that exist already to be extended (eg: adding ID3 tag editing would be extending mIRC's existing sound support, as opposed to asking something completely new, like OOP).