You make some valid points hat the protocols for it should be standardized, that way everyone can do audio and video if they wanted to. I never said that IRC is inferior by any means, in some ways is far above yahoo chat rooms for example. However IRC is still considered to be old school. That is not nessaraly a bad thing here though. However, the adddition of audio and video support is still a step in the right direction. If it were available to you on mIRC would you make use of it? Maybe, maybe not. But you would still have the option to use it if you wanted to. If you dont use no big loss, but I think that some of us old school people would still like to have the option. Another point I did make a small mistake in the time line IRCle came out in 1995 not the 80's as I thought. However, it has been around for that time span, so on that point I am correct. However the video and audio over IRC may have been around slightly less time than 10 years, but it still the point is valid that it has been around for some time. Now on a point that was mentioned earlyer, that if you have the video chat and audio chat not everyone will be connecting to you to video or audio chat with you, anyone can choose to who they connect to and who they don't. The video and audio chat over IRC would be mainly for person to person chat, not mutiple chat, however audio multiple chat could still be a plus.