Quote:
for 1) and 3) I hate strange global %vars that noone knows what they're for and change seemingly randomly. .....

I agree, random vars are hard to work out and also incredibly stupid to have used, like no other script might ever use the word %attempt !??!?!?!?
If i need (choose really since u can always do something else) to store a global var, ill name it %djc.scriptname.releventname (djc is my initials) this keeps all mine together

Quote:
for 2) I don't see any half hours in the original code or in mine confused

original code

The game logic was effected also if Bill does a !rob then unless his cant rob flag is up then it well be set to up, even if the the rob was invalid values (for ex $2 might not be in channel)

While you now allow Bill to repeatedly type !rob untill $2 is not away, is in channel and account is on, and that is a significant change in play ability, part of the game MAY have been that users had to keep a watchfull eye on who was away who wasnt who was in channel who wasnt who had an account and who didnt.

But personally? well i just think the original script was full of holes, like it never even checks if $nick's account is on for a start. So you turn your account off and go around and rob people :-)