it wasnt meant to sound like that. If the dll wasnt designed to be used on multiple objects then loading a new copy to do so would be a bad idea. this is because your using the dll fora purpose it wasnt designed to handle. It may work just fine but then again it may not.

to illustrate imagine that you loaded two copies of mdx. drag and drop between dialogs wouldnt be possible. mdx relies on stored information about the dialogs its subclassed and this information wouldnt be the same between copies.

Just because loading a new copy of a dll may work in a particular situation doesnt mean it always will. If it were designed that way from the start thats one thing but ive yet to read a dll's documentation that has

"to do yadda simply load another copy of this dll".

this means if you rely on that and the author changes it your out on your ear. The best thing to do would be to ask the author to support the situation so that you wouldnt need to load multiple copies.

im sure i could find alot of usages for /setlayer too but if i used it and mirc 6.17 didnt have it then my script is broken.

Have Fun smile