mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#94335 15/08/04 04:08 PM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
I have recoded entirely RebaR.dll to a new name called UltraDock.dll which can be found here -> http://scriptsdb.org/comments.php?id=485

The main goal remains the same in the DLL but the way it is used needs to be ajusted in scripts. You are no longer limited to 4 dialogs docked, you can dock as many as you want now. The Undocking feature now restores the correct dialog size. And toolbar/swithcbar hide/show functions now use mIRC's internal values thus being compatible with menu selection of these items in mIRC 6.1+.

Any Comments, Suggestions are welcome to add features in the DLL.

Also working on another project called DCX which is meant to be a replacement of MDX for my script -> http://dcx.scriptsdb.org

WARNING: The files available there are only for testing purposes and are not considered as final until I release the DLL as a full release and not a demo beta. The commands and syntax in it may change in the futur.

Last edited by ClickHeRe; 15/08/04 05:18 PM.
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
I greatly recommend taking a look at this! smile

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Nice, took a look at the DCX stuff. Looks promising. I particularly liked the windows explorer style listview "group header text."

Keep up the good work.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Two very nice DLLs, I can see myself using DCX when it's finished but I'm not a big fan of cluttering up my screen with toolbars, etc. so I probably wouldn't use Ultradock.

I did try Ultradock, however, and found that when undocking a dialog it completely closed mIRC. I don't know if I was doing something wrong or whether it's the DLL.

To get this problem I would dock the dialog using the init event, then I would undock it via the command line at which point mIRC would close.

C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
I will take a look at what you said, could you hand over your piece of code so I can test that out myself and see what may cause the problem.

Thank You

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
This is the exact script I was using...
Code:
alias udock { return $findfile($mircdir,ultradock.dll,1).shortfn }
dialog test {
  size -1 -1 100 100
}
on *:DIALOG:test:init:0: {
  dll $udock Dock -1 $dialog($dname).hwnd top
}

After opening the dialog I would type:
//dll $udock UnDock top

C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
I'll put a check on this, but you got it wrong

you must type //dll $udock UnDock N

where N is the docking order you inserted the elements.

Since the DLL allows an infinit docking possibility, the docking function uses an internal docking list which orders each dialog to dock according to that list.

In your case since you only have 1 dialog, N = 0.

If you have 5 dialogs docked then N goes from 0 - 4 (If you remove 1 dialog, you must remember that N is now 0 - 3)

Hope you understand how the DLL maintains the internal docking list. You can dock 5 dialogs on the left if you wish.

It is not like the old rebar DLL with a 1 dialog on each side fixed position.

[Edit]
I plan to add some functionnality to the DLL like being able to add the diaog name to the list and be able to search within the list for the parameter N according to the dialog name provided when you inserted the dialog.

Last edited by ClickHeRe; 16/08/04 03:05 PM.
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Didn't some other guy get his thread removed and eventually
banned from the message board for posting a url for a download?
There was a debate about it here, which of course ended up
getting locked .. so why was this thread not removed as well?

Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 17/08/04 12:48 PM.
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Probably because I didn't flame anyone or started that kind of war. Secondly, probably because the DLL is used by lots of people and they will be glad to know there is a new version. Third, the website where the file is pointed to is in the mIRC's webpage link section meaning that the source of the file is potentially more safe than any download from any site not reputated to be so.

If someone in the staff is offended by this regarding the post you mentionned, they will delete this post and I got no problem with that.

Have a Good Day!

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
An example needs to be set. It is not ok to advertise. If we
allow one person, we should allow everyone else. -- Mentality

This is not a place to archive your program that's the best thing since sliced bread. There
are other website for that - sites that are specifically set up for you to give as much of a
glamorous description to your program as you want, that have the purpose of virus checking
your submission, in some cases to review it and to give it to the public in their archives.
This is not one of those sites. -- Mentality

Link Copied to Clipboard