mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
cgfiend Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Today I started playing with VB-made ActiveX DLL's and interfacing them with mIRC using /com and $com. What I wanted was a way to read through a file type other than a sequential file/plain text file (namely Random Access and Binary files) and return as many matches as are found. It took me an hour or two of revisions, but I was able to come up with a simple solution. Keep in mind this is the first solution I came up with and it's not optimized by any means. If others have better ideas please chime in. smile

Step 1: Write a function that first checks for the last position in the data file that was read (store this in the registry before exiting or a data file), then start from that point and read the next record, pass data back thru the function. Write the pointer and exit the function. (example available upon request) Later I will probably incorporate some API's into the mix for file searching.

Step 2: Write a simple alias that opens the com for the DLL, accesses the function and passes the string to search for. Do a while loop that continues to loop as long as the resulting data isn't equal to a predestined "end" string. Within the loop get the data from the function, then check the result to see if it matches your criteria, if so do such and such.

;usage /mycomfunction searchstring
alias mycomfunction {

;Use Class1 in VBMIRC.DLL and open com

/comopen mycomfunction VbmIRC.Class1

;while not function result = "Done" loop
while $com(mycomfunction).result != Done {

;acquire data from "readdata" function

var %temp = $com(mycomfunction,readdata,1,bstr,$1-)

;store the data in %result

var %result = $com(mycomfunction).result

;Is there a match?

if $1- isin %result { echo %result }

;loop
}

;close com

/comclose mycomfunction

}

C
cgfiend Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
If it wasn't obvious already, Step 1 above refers to a VB DLL, Step 2 refers to mIRC script.

I have a data file full of about 10,000 filenames and it took a couple seconds to find and display the matches. So, using a DLL for file access is efficient.

Link Copied to Clipboard