mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#83131 15/05/04 11:42 PM
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
is it possible to make a kind of download manager window. when u start download some file at the same time, u get for each file 1 window with some information. but what i aks is can u make an all download window where u put all transfers into 1 big window, just saving some places for other things on my screen. just making one big download window with all transfers in it, like in Opera or Mozilla, but seeing also same data what i can now see it, too. like speed, username.etc

#83132 15/05/04 11:56 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I don't see a need for this if you're using mIRC/DCC/IRC legitimately. The only people I can think of (perhaps not you, but for 98% of the IRC population) that this would come in handy for is people who use mIRC for file trading with XDCC/FServes. This is not the purpose of mIRC.

If you have, for some reason, quite a lot of DCC sessions going you can increase the number of lines of the switchbar, therefore, freeing up some space. Simply go to ALT+O > Display and choose the number of lines under 'lines:' you'd like the switchbar to be.

You can also set DCC windows to be desktop windows, ALT+O > Display > Options > [Windows...] and check the 'Send/Get' box.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#83133 16/05/04 01:16 AM
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
well, i can sure that i am downloading my own home movies that i gave them to a friend to edit it for me. and now i am downloading all those movies (5 movies each on 1 dvd) while i am trying to chat to others. well, it is annoying to have 10 windows open which coud be reduced to 6 (5 chat + 1 download) windows. that is why i ask it for. but i think i can do a while with your help about the "lines" in the OPTIONS >>> DISPLAY. thanks for your help.
but still i prefer that 1 main download window.......

#83134 16/05/04 02:31 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Such a single-download-window can be created by script if you require it. For instance, DCC windows can be hidden with [color:000099]/window -h "Get Raccoon versions.txt"[/color] of course, replacing the Nickname and Filename respectively. $window(Get *,%i) can be handy.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#83135 16/05/04 07:56 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's already there and it is called a switchbar. As the downloads progress the window buttons double up as progress bars. That said, as Mentality stated, mIRC is more for occasional use as a file sharing agent, not for regular use.

Link Copied to Clipboard