Q
quizer Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=featuresuggestions&Number=16059
^
y this suggestion few years ago was ignored?
it will allow scipters 2 allow users (using their script) 2 limit the DCC speed of files they recieve (I think).

my suggestion is 2 find a way 2 pause the ack (acknowledgement) sent by mIRC on sockread event (or sockread command) automaticly and immediatly. so I will b able 2 send it 2 the DCC server when I want- and by that controling the DCC speed of a file bing recieved.

what implemenatitions do u think use the download managers 2 limit the HTTP download speed? I mean- its the same TCP?IP protocol as in DCC which can b rewritten with sockets.

Code:

on *:sockread:getFile:{
  sockread &bvar
  bwrite %fileName -1 -1 &bvar
}

if u wonder where is the speed check- it is done with a timer.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
y this suggestion few years ago was ignored?

I can't speak for Khaled, but I would think it might be because he's more interested in improving his CHAT client than in turning it into a file transferring client.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Hi!

Because of the TCP protocol implementation, only the sender can limit its bandwidth speed.
I don't think Khaled ignored your suggestion, it's just not applicable.
I think you can script something to pause the read, but you will receive packets at the sender's speed anyway.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Receiver can limit too, they just need to send a smaller window size.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And this can be done with a Very Nifty program called NetLimiter.

This program will allow you to set speed limits on each running program, and even keeps lifetime transfer statistics in hourly incriments... so you can look back and see how many bytes of data were downloaded and uploaded in a specific year or month or week or day... and indeed, any given hour.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Q
quizer Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
I am looking 4 a way 2 set different priority (and speed) 4 each of my DCC transfers. I am not going 2 open new mIRC instance 4 each of my downloads in order 2 use ur (racoon) suggested program.
the reciever can also limit the transfer speed, download managers which uses the same TCP/IP does it.
y mIRC can't?

Link Copied to Clipboard