mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Situation is...

I'm currently using 6.12 [not 6.14, I can't because I use Invision and this one isn't compatible to 6.14)

I have about 3 channels in 3 different networks (one in each).
Let's call them #onechan_nw1, #onechan_nw2, and #onechan_nw3.

I'm connected to #onechan_nw1. Now, if I try to *additionally* connect to #onechan_nw2 using my Favorites, the following happens:

I get disconnected from Network 1 and mirc connects to #onechan_nw2.

To avoid this behavior, I can *manually open a new server window* (File=>Recent Servers=>New Server Window) and then mirc will stay in nw1 network but also connect to nw2.

Is it possible to get mirc to always open a new server status window *automatically* when connecting to a different network instead of disconnecting the old one?

-gp

Last edited by globalplayer; 04/04/04 06:15 PM.
Z
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Z
i assume your wondering about the server menu where you connect to servers, making that go to a new network i do not know how. Though if you type in servers like i do (via /server) just type "/server -m irc.blah.blah", the -m flag is for auto connection, if you just wish to open a new connection type /server -n. that will open a new status window.

If your in the menu you can check the little box that says new server window, i dont use that so i dunno if it stays that way.. but ya, reply if your confused or if this didnt help you at all lol.GL smile

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Doing this from the favourites menu is more difficult than either using the /server -m command or via a scripted method.

That said, even changing the network name via the favourites menu does not make the channel open a new connection window....perhaps it should? Try posting this as a feature suggestions.

Have fun!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Well that's the real McCoy!
Some shout 'Bug! Bug!', some suggest features where things are already built in etc.
At first, I just intended to state a neutral position assuming it might have been my stupidity for not finding the option.

But it occurs to me this is really NOT in yet.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well, to the best of my knowledge it's not - I've played around with the Favourites list and haven't found it, but I'm not a regular favourites list user (as I said, it's not the easies way to go about joining channels, even if on multiple networks).

I'm far from infallible however smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard