mIRC Homepage
Situation is...

I'm currently using 6.12 [not 6.14, I can't because I use Invision and this one isn't compatible to 6.14)

I have about 3 channels in 3 different networks (one in each).
Let's call them #onechan_nw1, #onechan_nw2, and #onechan_nw3.

I'm connected to #onechan_nw1. Now, if I try to *additionally* connect to #onechan_nw2 using my Favorites, the following happens:

I get disconnected from Network 1 and mirc connects to #onechan_nw2.

To avoid this behavior, I can *manually open a new server window* (File=>Recent Servers=>New Server Window) and then mirc will stay in nw1 network but also connect to nw2.

Is it possible to get mirc to always open a new server status window *automatically* when connecting to a different network instead of disconnecting the old one?

-gp

Posted By: Zeusbwr Re: Problems operating in multi-network mode - 04/04/04 06:35 PM
i assume your wondering about the server menu where you connect to servers, making that go to a new network i do not know how. Though if you type in servers like i do (via /server) just type "/server -m irc.blah.blah", the -m flag is for auto connection, if you just wish to open a new connection type /server -n. that will open a new status window.

If your in the menu you can check the little box that says new server window, i dont use that so i dunno if it stays that way.. but ya, reply if your confused or if this didnt help you at all lol.GL smile
Doing this from the favourites menu is more difficult than either using the /server -m command or via a scripted method.

That said, even changing the network name via the favourites menu does not make the channel open a new connection window....perhaps it should? Try posting this as a feature suggestions.

Have fun!

Regards,
Well that's the real McCoy!
Some shout 'Bug! Bug!', some suggest features where things are already built in etc.
At first, I just intended to state a neutral position assuming it might have been my stupidity for not finding the option.

But it occurs to me this is really NOT in yet.
Well, to the best of my knowledge it's not - I've played around with the Favourites list and haven't found it, but I'm not a regular favourites list user (as I said, it's not the easies way to go about joining channels, even if on multiple networks).

I'm far from infallible however smile

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums