mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#75055 13/03/04 09:46 AM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
Mirc 6.14 now has a flashing bug, i have flashing turned off, all sound events turned off, yet it keeps flashing with this annoying [message waiting] in the titlebar. this is driving me nuts. is there some secret way to make it never flash?
i'd rather continue using 6.14 because of the ssl support but with this bug, i will have to go back to 6.12 because at least when you turn off flashing, it is off... please make a patch or something to fix this, thank you.

#75056 13/03/04 09:56 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Doesn't happen here (6.14/XP). Make sure you have the "flash on query message" and "flash on channel message" options disabled:

ALT+O > IRC > Options

Under the flash on: words.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#75057 14/03/04 03:21 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is possible you accidentally enabled Flashing for a single channel or window. Try right-clicking the channels you are in to find which one has Flashing checkmarked, and then uncheck it.

You can also close mIRC, open mirc.ini in notepad, and delete all of the entries under the [flashing] section of the file. Save and then restart mIRC.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#75058 14/03/04 11:19 PM
T
OP Offline
T
heh yes i do have those off, i also have all sound events disabled as well. i've been using mirc for a very long time.

#75059 14/03/04 11:25 PM
T
OP Offline
T
You can also close mIRC, open mirc.ini in notepad, and delete all of the entries under the [flashing] section of the file. Save and then restart mIRC.

- Raccoon

----
interesting, never thought of that, it does have
flash=No Sound
but that's the only flash entry, no [flashing] entry at all
also it mainly does this when i get a notice which is sent to an @notice window, previous versions didn't flash the titlebar or do the [message waiting[] in title bar, i didn't mind the @notice or query icons blinking red, but when it flashes the entire window and the icon on the taskbar, that annoys me. oh yea one other thing that has long bugged me about mirc, the doubleclick channel menu, is there any way to remove ping from it?

#75060 14/03/04 11:34 PM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
The f switch for /echo now does flash the mirc window regardless of the beep/flash settings.

#75061 14/03/04 11:36 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Apologies for not being psychic, I should have known you've been an mIRC user for a long time.

I don't entirely understand your flashing problem but it does seem to be sounding more like a script.

"the doubleclick channel menu, is there any way to remove ping from it?"

Not sure I entirely understand that either. If you double click a channel window it should bring up the Channel Central dialog. If it isn't, and is instead pinging the channel, then the Mouse settings have been altered:

ALT+O > Mouse - The text next to Channel: should be /channel.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#75062 18/03/04 02:00 PM
T
OP Offline
T
-
The f switch for /echo now does flash the mirc window regardless of the beep/flash settings.
-

hrm so you think that might be what's going on? it's weird tho cuz it only started this with v6.14.
i use peace n protection 4.22 script if that helps anyone figure out what it is, i have flashing turned off in the script.
weird thing is i can't find anything saying message waiting in the script, it never did this in 6.12..
also it doesn't flash on any msgs but notices, server notices, opnotices.
i'll be looking thru pnp to see if something in it is making it flash all of a sudden, but considering it wasn't doing this with 6.01-6.12 i would have to say it's something new in 6.14..

#75063 18/03/04 02:07 PM
T
OP Offline
T
-
"the doubleclick channel menu, is there any way to remove ping from it?"

Not sure I entirely understand that either. If you double click a channel window it should bring up the Channel Central dialog. If it isn't, and is instead pinging the channel, then the Mouse settings have been altered:
-

it does have " /_doubleclick 3 # # " which i assumed was mirc language heh but it's not in the help file..
i like some of the features just not having ping at the top cuz it really sucks to doubleclick to get to chan central or something and system lag makes it also click ping in a chan of 4k users.
any ideas or knowledge would be appreciated.

#75064 18/03/04 02:33 PM
T
OP Offline
T
heh nevermind the doubleclick thing, i found it and fixed it, feel kinda silly i completely missed it, it was in the script.
the flashing thing however isn't, it's either on or off and i have the script set to off in every form and fashion for flashing, the client itself has it turned off as well and all sound events turned off as well as making sure each one had no sound.
iit will probably turn out to be in the script somewhere, but i'm not finding it so far heh pnp is a pain to look thru.
thanks for you suggestions.

#75065 18/03/04 03:03 PM
T
OP Offline
T
i think i found the culprit code.
alias notice.beep {
if (($inwave) || ($inmidi) || ($insong)) return
if ($_optn(5,15) == 0) return
var %beep = $_optn(1,16)
if (%beep == 1) beep
elseif (%beep) .splay " $+ $readini($mircini,n,waves,$1) $+ "
}

now to figure out how to disable it without disabling the script since it uses notice.beep in many places.
i'm guessing it started doing the flashing due to moving flashing into sound events since it previously did nothing but blink the icon which was acceptable. if you have pnp 4.22 to look at i found it in last.mrc, any ideas on how to disable that bit of code without messing up the script would be appreciated. sorry khaled for calling this a bug.

#75066 01/04/04 03:54 AM
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
i would have called it a bug, too, but it seems it's a peace & protection thingie that was activated by a change in mirc 6.14

my guess is that there is an /echo -f somewhere in the script, but pai wrote something so complex that i'm stumped at finding it.

any help from a REAL expert in scripting?

#75067 19/04/04 03:05 PM
H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
The Reaper: I've looked into PnP a bit, the problem isn't that code snippet. This line:
if ($_optn(5,15) == 0) return
will not trigger if sound in mirc's options (alt+o -> sounds -> enable sounds) is disabled. (the _optn just read's mirc.ini to check for that)

The real culprit code is being triggered by a notice, in PnP's last.mrc, around line 254, where the code should start with
on &^*:NOTICE:*:?:{
set -u %::text $strip($1-,mo)
}

In that on notice there are several lines setting something similar to:
set -u %:echo echo $color(notice) -mbfti2 $result

Simply remove the "f" from "-mbfti2" (should be roughly line 280, and 3 times total to remove it in that "on notice"), and save the file, to have it stop flashing. Of course, it won't flash ever again on a notice, so don't forget to do a backup. smile

(worked for me, haven't seen it flashing since, but no idea if there are any other "evil" echo -f left in PnP)

Link Copied to Clipboard