mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Some time ago i write about the window -a ..
If the mIRC is minimised or it is in tray.. It steal the forcus..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Is that a bug? Surely if you're specifying the -a switch to make the window the active one then ...well... you'd actually want the window to become active when that happens? Seems to make sense to me.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
But it does seem odd that mIRC has this capability. I was under the impression that Windows made it impossible for an application to steal focus, as a system level setting. If it tries to, it would just blink-blink in the taskbar for attention.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
It's odd indeed. mirc is the only app that can do this on my system (btw, the "prevent apps from stealing focus" setting isn't on by default afaik; I enabled it with TweakUI)

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
* Raccoon thinks whatever trick Khaled is using to bypass this setting should be kept as a closely guarded seekrit, before everyone starts doing it. wink

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
That feature was appear suddenly in the 6.10 version.. And i can't find somethink about /window -a in the change log..
So.. The reson must be simple.. Khaled in process of adaptation mIRC for the new Visual C++ Compiler forgot somethink.. If not.. A new switch what just active the window in the main window(mdi) without making all main window visible(if it not visible) will be nice..
Btw.. .14 is great grin SSL rlzz.. That will speed up coming out of the new servers what support that..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!

Link Copied to Clipboard