mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
Ok. if it was possible to have a script only execute if it meets certain requirements
such as if on connect to a network i can check what services a network uses. that connection will only run the script is the commands involved are compatible with those services. instead of having heaps of
if network== bleh
elseif network == bleh
having to only test it once and not have mIRC run through a script which has no relevance to something on one network. freeing up cpu. yet on another network that has compatibility to that script. or a script made spcifically for that ONE network then it will run.
say something like a #Block where it only runs if its on.
but have a conditional version of the #Block with a line to test if the script should run on a networks' connection.
currently to acheive the same results it requires dynamic loading of menu's and the cpu shurning away each time and finding out what is wanted.
I might not be 100% clear but maybe someone can help make my idea a little more basic..
Perhaps:

run {
if ($network.compatible == $true)
}

and in a main 'general' script on server connect have on connect send /version services* || /version $server and if the reply is compatible then it is stored as being compatible and $network.compatible will return $true

Perhaps this can be used for many other applications.
Also some kind of built in function for handling passworded file encryption for storing masses of passwords for nicks/oper/bots and so on all stored safely.

Thanx

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Your first suggestion makes perfect sense and I find it pretty useful. About the second, mirc has various types of one-way encryption (hashing), which is the preferred method of storing passwords for bots etc. Look up $md5, $crc and $hash.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
J
Jae Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
J
i guess im gonna have to try n find something on how to use the $md5 command.. maybe better explanation and example in the help file... cool
now for a better way to program dialogs.. and maybe even a dialog editor in mirc.. tho im sure they been suggested.. so *blinks*

cheers smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I think the way dialogs are done is just fine. And there is a dialog editor in mirc, it's called mIRC Scripts Editor. I don't think any type of 'GUI mIRC Dialog Editor' would be a good addition to mirc itself, things like that are best left seperate.

There already is a decent GUI dialog editor for mirc - DialogStudio

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard