mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
I've recently switched from IE to MyIE2 and I absolutely love it because it's basically a tabbed browsing interface for IE. I use it so much though that I am used to using my middle mouse button (scroll wheel) to close tabs. I end up trying to do the same thing in mIRC because it has a similar interface (title bar/menu/toolbar/windows) and every time I do I kick myself. It seems like there's not an easy way to close one (or especially many) windows. There's Ctrl + F4 if you have a rather large hand-span; the window's small X button, but that requires an awful lot of mouse movement back and forth and aiming on the small x instead of the larger mIRC X can be tricky; right clicking on the window button on the taskbar is almost as bad, that context menu is GIANT and close is all the way at the bottom. I'm sure it wouldn't be much work to implement but I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This has been suggested before here, I like the idea.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Meanwhile you many find this shortcut handy: leftclick on the switchbar button of that window while holding down Shift. This way you can also close many windows in a row quickly: move the mouse over the first switchbar button and keep clicking while holding down Shift.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
This is a good shortcut that I wasn't previously aware of. I will definitely use this. However, what are the chances of the middle click close being implemented in a future release of mIRC? What kind of support does a feature request have to have to be considered for inclusion?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Open up your Mouse settings in Control Panel. If you have a logitech or microsoft mouse, you should be able to define the action of the middle mouse button. This includes closing windows.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
What's mostly annoying with Logitech mice is that you can't have program-specific settings (like you can with MS mice). So if you define a middle click function, it will be global.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
The middle button is right next to the left one... that would be annoying when you wanted to select a window but accidentally closed it...

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
This would only apply to crappy mouses where the middle button is actually a button identical to the left/right (and not a wheel) :tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard