mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
I can't find the problem in my code and need someone to check it, and you have to be at least my level(a little beyond amateur) in c++ or above. Please respond if you can help, thanks

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I'll put aside that this apparantly has nothing to do with mIRC. However, you might wanna indulge your target audience with at least a few hints what exactly you are having problems with so that they might decide whether or not they can actually help you because they know a bit about what you need. You also might wanna forget the idea of someone going through all your code to see where the error is.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Dunno about C++ but you could try and lose the overlines in your webpage rollovers. Some of the tables are out of whack too. :tongue:

S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
locutus- its for a mIRC DLL. I really don't like revealing my dlls until they are released, but I have debugged the code, it all compiles properly and everything, and appears to function, except it doesnt perform 1 function, and I cannot figure out why. Its not a problem to show someone source if theyre assisting me, but for personal reasons i like keeping my ideas to myself until its public.

watchdog- dont lecture me on html. grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It was more of a suggestion but take it the way you like. I have the choice of the back button so I don't care either way.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you've narrowed the problem down to a single function, then I'm sure it would be safe to post that single function without divulging your entire project.

If you can't do that much, you'll find it much more difficult to get someone interested in sticking their neck out to help you. Most coders don't care to get involved in something if they can't confirm whether they know anything about it. More over, most coders don't care to get sucked into becoming personal assistants.

So, just ask your question publicly. :P

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
well the one function is in a .c file i'm using in my project, and the function in that .c file uses other functions in the file, so its quite lengthy.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Then you haven't narrowed it down to the one function that doesn't work. Try isolating the single function. is the function itself not working, or is it a subfunction, and of so which one? It shouldn't be all too hard to determine if one of the subfunctions isn't working.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
check your memos on dalnet LoB

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Just to interject, you think that anyone cares about mIRC related code?

Why can't you just do what everyone else does, and go to a paste bin, and stick your function up, with 'expected behaviour' and what its doing now.

I have no lemur

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:

you think that anyone cares about mIRC related code?

Im sure he thinks that if he exposes his code, the secret men in black, the sourcer people, and the league of extra ordenary libararians well all be after his for exposing parts of the master plane for walnut domination.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He might not like being told he's wrong - it's the impression I get anyway. :tongue:

S
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
S
No WatchDog, I definitely accept I might be doing something wrong. Its more along the lines of what Dave said.

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Soul_Eater
i see nothing wrong with walnut domination. go for it smile

V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Is this the same problem you were having with it a while ago?

Link Copied to Clipboard