mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
bleach Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
I hope Khaled can made mirc help files in other languages. So I can help Khaled for my own.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
While there are translations available for the basic downloading and installation of mIRC (see the Translations link on the left), Khaled has not released mIRC's help file, versions.txt or mIRC itself in alternative languages just yet.

It is my dream that someday Khaled & Tjerk will create a Documentation Support Forum on these message boards, where people may critique the help documentation and provide translation assistance for future versions of mIRC.

We'll just have to wait and see.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Someone suggested it before, but I'd like to see somethign like www.php.net where you have the command and the "official" help, then below it user submissions. That way you get the command, its syntax, the defintiion. Then you get "real-user examples" Where people can post code, or what have you in addition to the already provided help.

Granted the help file is very well documented, but it's nice to see other's input and examples as well.

-KingTomato
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
the php.net system is perfect, I use it alot

but I fear when this is done for mIRC it will be used mainly to promote scripts made by people, people who post script snippets to show how leet they are and such...

and a lot of spamming... :-[

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
That's what's so nice about wikis.

Spam is eliminated quickly because the first person to see it can remove it.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
wikis? what's that?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb

Wiki's work well in many situations, but I think the PHP manual is better suited for this community. Just have a definitive page only admins could edit, and then allow users to comment on it.

-chris

Link Copied to Clipboard