mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#67075 08/01/04 08:56 AM
P
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
I've just been looking at the old "Latest News" page, and realised that between October 2001 and December 2003 Khaled donated a whopping US$139,810 of what would otherwise have been his income from mIRC registrations to charity. Well done!

PM
Whom it takes quite a lot to impress, frankly...

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
#67076 08/01/04 09:42 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm just hoping the Red Cross that Khaled donates to isn't the same corrupt Red Cross as here in the US.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#67077 08/01/04 10:50 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Indeed, hats off to Khaled, it's good to see people doing things like this nowadays for good causes.

* Mentality gives Khaled a double-choc chip cookie whilst staying out of sight from Raccoon and ParaBrat, the evil cookie monsters!

Happy charitying!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#67078 09/01/04 12:00 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Pastmaster: Yes, it is indeed impressive to see ppl who care about those in need

Mentality: since its not a peanutbutter cookie, i'll let it pass unmolested...and its for a good cause

Raccoon: It is to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, of which the American Red Cross is a member. As someone who has donated countless hours to the ARC over the years, (teaching, aiding disaster clients and military families) i have to say that its unfair to tar an entire organization with the same brush. Any group can have problems, but for the most part ARC involved people care deeply about helping their communities. Events that lead to the impression some have gotten of the ARC in the long run hurt those the ARC is there to help. Punishing the many for the actions of a few is tragic. Its heartbreaking when due to a lack of donations from the community you have to look in the eyes of a family who has had their home burn to the ground and tell them there isnt enough money to help them more. Admittedly this isnt the place for this, and i dont mean to belittle foreign need in any way. But I would ask ppl to follow the fine example Khaled has set and look around your community. Reach out to your neighbors who are in need. It doesnt need to be financial aid, go cut an elderly or disabled neighbors grass, clean their gutters, donate clothing or household goods to a family who has lost everything.

Obviously i dont want this thread to become a discussion of good vs bad within the ARC as this clearly isnt the place. Consider it a reminder that as Khaled has demonstrated, we all need to reach out to those in need.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#67079 10/01/04 04:17 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Thank Your for sharing that information, Past Master.
I agree with ParaBrat, there is a lot of "good" being done by a lot of unrecognized people, but corruption just gets better press.
I'd like an oatmeal raisin cookie, it there are any extras.
smiles

Plant impossible gardens, then play in them.
#67080 10/01/04 01:54 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Ugh... raisins... crazy

#67081 10/01/04 02:35 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Brat looks about in her supersecret cookie stash and finds sandgal an oatmeal raisin cookie

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#67082 12/01/04 06:05 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Ohh thank You ParaBrat, Yummie!
looking up at "ug raisins" and laughs. The last time someone made a comment about the food i eat, it changed the course of my life. It will be interesting to see what the next few days brings.
Have a fabulous and delicious week all!

Plant impossible gardens, then play in them.

Link Copied to Clipboard