G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
is there a difference ?

if yes, is a plugin possible ?

or is mirc integrated into gaim ?

Last edited by ParaBrat; 12/01/04 02:00 AM.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok so your asking the same question over again? yes there is a difference gaim is mainly written for IM mirc is written solely for text based chat, to mildly point the obvious out to you YET AGAIN, mirc will never be gaim and gaim will never be mirc, a pluggin as u say is possible, simply write yourself a dll, there is your answer, learn to write things yourself.

D3m0nnet.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
KingTomato sets mode: +b gnutellafan!*@*

Move on pls, thanks

-KingTomato
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
STOP.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
stop what ? developement ?

file rezuming ?

File transfer ?

multiple file load ?

exchanging ed2k links over chat ?

exchanging magnet links over chat ?

Auto-download magnet uri links of sha1 hashed files via mirc bot ?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yes.
This is my last reply.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
why ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
We here don't have much liking for your radical ideas and free thinking.

...er no. But I'm sure it has something to do with your annoying habbit of rehashing old news with trolling persistance. As stated before... your suggestions have been dually noted, and we hope never to hear them again.

I'm sure I speak for everybody here, except for those I don't.

- Raccoon
(my apologies if I'm being an arse or am overstepping my lack of authority)

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thats 2 for 2 I agree with your ideas Racoon. Keep it up. wink

-KingTomato
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
Anybody actualy counted how many times he has started this idea.. I mean 100% unrelated item?

Suck it, lick it, milk it then put it away.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
it seems about every couple months he posts this idea in different ways, but its all the same idea and it always gets the same response, check back in under 2 months he will ask it again, but try his hardest to word it differently, maybe hes trying to use his thesaurus?

D3m0nnet.com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
In the past you've shown enough knowlegde to be able to judge the differences between mIRC and GAIM, or any other chat related tool around in fact. And as you see most people around quickly judged the value of your question accordingly. Please refrain from asking questions like this one in the furure, ok?

Related to that; over the past weeks we have seen numerous suggestions from you regarding mIRC. By now it should have come to your attention that we don't want to improve mIRC with buddy lists, instant messaging, file searching, magnets, ET calling home, swarming, PtP, other file transfer distributions, or whatever.... And we told you why over and over.

We want to stick mIRC and IRC to chatting as much as possible while retaining its current minimalistic file transfer capabilities. Period.

Please stop your senseless discussions and spend your and our enery on other things, ok? We've heard you, now stop it.

G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
ok. just because i am a great mirc fan, i see a lot of synergy. But if you do not want, this is ok, thanks for your answer. Its your client. thinking about possibilities takes time of course, but reflecting and learning is always worth the time.
buddies dont like peers and peers dont like buddies. Woudl be so easy if both sides just do one step towards each other. If gaim has mirc, why not mirc a little bit of gaim, e.g. the list of friends. ok, its discussed. never mind.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Not wanting to continue this too much, because as you say, discussion has ended - however, nobody would have put down your suggestion except for the fact you'd post URLs everywhere. You've made the suggestion more than once with different words. You replied to someone in another Forum with a URL that beared no relevance to the topic at hand. This is quite simply spamming, NOT suggesting a feature.

As Krejt said:

"By now it should have come to your attention that we don't want to improve mIRC with buddy lists, instant messaging, file searching, magnets, ET calling home, swarming, PtP, other file transfer distributions, or whatever.... And we told you why over and over.

We want to stick mIRC and IRC to chatting as much as possible while retaining its current minimalistic file transfer capabilities. Period.
"

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
can you please do me a favor...learn mircscript and shut the heck up.

Everything you want mirc to be can be done with sufficent scripting. If it cant be done with scripting, it can be done with dll's. If it cant be done with dll's, then it cant be done. If you can put 2 lines of code togeather you wouldnt have problems.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is no reason whatsoever to bring up a topic that is a year old.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard