mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gamer_X Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Well I noticed when programming with the new Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 C++ compiler a handy technique for large code. What happens to those who don't know is that for any function or basically chunk of code you could collapse it like a file explorer tree so your 200 line function would turn into a simple one line function.... easier for the eyes, but doesn't change the code. I figure this would be really handy for people who have big irc scripts and have troubles searching through their code or get confused looking at all their code fragments and such.

Gaming is like life. Have fun with it.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
sounds like a lot of work for khaled to implement consiering the restraints and simplicity of the current remote editor interface. put them in different files on your own

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
G
Gamer_X Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
yeah i wasn't saying it would be simple, but another way is you could ahve them in seperate files but have like a window dialog the same as the mIRC options dialog with a tree type thingy on the left so it would show the files.... kind of working the same way, but it would be alot easier to implement. Maybe allowing also to sort the tree as you see fit to your own sanity.

Gaming is like life. Have fun with it.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I know this has been suggested before, along with many other features for the script editor including syntex checking, coloring, auto-completion, etc.

My response is that mIRC's script editor is exceedingly simple by design.
It's NOTEPAD simple.

I recommend that anyone interested in a better editor should go ahead and write an external editor. Using SendMessage(), it is entirely possible to seamlessly link the external editor to mIRC... with possible exception to the ALT+R accelerator.

With an external editor, features can be added and updated more frequently allowing Khaled to work on more important issues. It would also keep the mIRC executable to a minimum, as such features could potentially double mIRC's size.

As I understand it, free standing programs already offer many of these features and can be configured to understant mIRC syntex. I don't have these names off hand, but I'm sure they can be Searched for.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
get mEditor, it has the treeview on the left as well as syntax highlighting. I think they have it on mircscripts.org in the mirc. section

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup

Link Copied to Clipboard