mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
I noticed this tonight when Daylight Savings kicked in at 2am (jumped from 1:59am to 3:00am).

mIRC (6.12) doesn't seem to want to believe the time that Windows is telling it.
For instance, the time is currently 5:22am according to the Windows clock, however if I type a message in mIRC, it shows up as 4:22am. I can change this by changing the Windows clock.
However, changing the Windows clock to a time prior to DST kicking in results in a 'correct' timestamp being shown, but if I change the time to (say) 2:23am, mIRC will display a 1:23am timestamp. If I change the Windows time to 1:23, then mIRC will display a 1:23am timestamp.

confused

Something weird is happening here - I haven't tried restarting yet though.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DST is tonight i believe, not last night >:P

-KingTomato
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
Quote:
unfnknblvbl

Reged: 25/10/2003
Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Forgot to mention I'm running Windows XP Pro (no SP1), not that I think it makes much difference

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Aren;t u 12 behind, not aheead?

-KingTomato
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
Adelaide (South Australia) is GMT +9:30

New Hampshire is somewhere between GMT -5 and GMT -8

At this precise moment in time in Adelaide, it is 6:08 on the morning of Sunday the 26th of October.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Nope. Australia is GMT+9,10,11 smile

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I've got the same problem. I'm in Sydney.

B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
Same in New Zealand.

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
im in the amsterdam timezone

mirc timestamp went 1 hour back at 2 am..
but timesaving is at 3 am, now the windows clock is on 2:50 and the timestamp on 1:50

i wonder what happens in 10 minutes when windows clock goes back an hour

xp pro dutch sp1

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Same in Spain.

[01:53] [Test PING reply]: 3.064segs
[01:58:21] [Test PING]
[01:58] [Test PING reply]: 1.642segs
- begin bug -
[01:03:22] [Test PING]
[01:03] [Test PING reply]: 6.940segs

The windows time is 2:03.

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
wooot now the real timesavings past its the same as windowsclock again... so the timestamp time saving was 1 hour to early on amsterdam(gmt +1) timezone:)

R
R
daylight savings time started 3 weeks ago for me on the 5th october, at 2am, and all changed perfectly, but today, sunday 26th I wake to find mirc says it is one hour earlier than all other clocks in my house and computer say........... this is going to make my time stamping very inconvenient in my logs ... I am one unhappy camper!!!!!

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
Reported here as well, AEST. Currently 3:27pm, timestamp reports 2:27pm. Someone in #mIRC said "It'll fix itself", but it hasn't yet.

You won't like it when I get angry.
R
R
answers like that put my back up, it's like saying its not important , and that we are making an issue over nothing

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Hello im in Australia and this bug is now driving me f#%^ insane !

Please fix it khaled.

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
AEST here, winXP adjusted the clock as expected but timestamp is the same. Seems like a pretty simple bug to me.

• I.. am not a crook..
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
Got the same problem here...
Have rebooted PC, checked time in BIOS to make sure it's correct, reloaded mIRC and still it's 1hr behind the windows clock.

I HAVE to ask... what POSSIBLE reason would mIRC need it's own region information or any other way of interpretting the time other than by simply using the windows system clock?!!

As far as I can see it's TOTALLY REDUNDANT... Not to mention damn annoying!

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
Well as a temporary fix, you can turn off the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes" in the Date/Time properties in the Control Panel and manually adjust your time ... Until there's a proper fix for it at least.

This obviouisly won't work if you run any sort of software that updates your time from a server.

C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
Same in Sweden.
At 2am last night my mIRC clock was changed to 1am.
In Sweden, and most of the rest of Europe, daylight savings starts at 3am, not 2am as mIRC thinks.

U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
well that works, but now Trillian's Timestamps are misbehaving!

weeeeeeird...

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
nyeeeap got the same problem here showing 00:06 27/10/03 on the system clock but time stamping is still at 23:06.
confused

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Datlight saving began at 2am in the UK and mIRC is a UK product. Makes sense to me :tongue:

A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Daylight savings ending in the US works fine here on mIRC smile Auto-adjusted and all.

U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
...it began at 2am Sunday Morning for everywhere that has DST...

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
At 2am last night my mIRC clock was changed to 1am.
In Sweden, and most of the rest of Europe, daylight savings starts at 3am, not 2am as mIRC thinks.

I was referring to that...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i dont seea bug.... my clock says 9:01 and mirc said 9:01

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
ah. I didn't even see that post.

>;B

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Nay bother smile

P
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
P
It is curious though as to why it is not adjusting the time...

Quote:

$daylight
Returns seconds offset if daylight savings is in effect, and 0 if not.

it returns 3600 (1 hour) which is right according to what it should do, which means that mIRC is seeing that daylight savings has changed.. but is not applying it for some reason..

I'm guessing this is a bug in 6.1x series as i have tested 6.02 and it says the right time.
Also this bug is not present in 5.91 so makes me think it is something new changed.

Quote:

In mirc 6.1 changes...

151.Time and date identifiers eg. $ctime() now return $null if an invalid time/date is specified.

maybe I'm wrong; but i'm just curious as to why it happened now!

Last edited by Praetorian; 26/10/03 03:08 PM.
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
Why can't mIRC just use the windows clock?

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I dunno. I didn't write it :tongue:

A thought occurs: Does the BIOS clock get updated when the OS adjusts for daylight saving? Could mIRC be running from the BIOS time? Just a thought. I suspect it's not the case though...

U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
That's what I thought, but that doesn't account for the time being updated if you change your Windows clock any other way...

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
mIRC 6.12 here, time went back 1 hour no problems for me.

U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
maybe it's something to do with the 'direction' that the clock goes?

It went forward for me, y'see...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
went back for me, no bug here.

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
A bug is a bug! Apparently this particular one (one of many others) doesn't appear until Day Light Savings begins. Up until the clocks went forward, mIRC was displaying correct time. The same bug was also apparent for Canadian users until they went back to normal time at midnight on the 25th. An earlier post mentioned the absurdity of not using the Windows system clock, as it's glaringly obvious mIRC doesn't, and I have to agree.

"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Habite Hors Du Cartier ou vous Vivez"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Nope. Australia's timezones are +10 for EST, +9 1/2 for CST and +8 for WST.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Sorry. My bad smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And just to confuse the issue, some states don't have it (daylight savings) so that in effect creates two more timezones lol.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
They are the wise states smile

Like you (and them), I too think that making everyone adjust their clocks for the sake of 1 hour is unnecessary. It only leads to confusion and bug reports, it seems...

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
Wise? I think not.

I went to holiday to one of those states that seem to have no brains at all, and guess what time I woke up? 4am! Because the sun came up at that time! If they did implement daylight savings it would have been at least 5am. Argh, why can't people just accept change >_<

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Because change for change's sake is pointless? And daylight savings proves that.

A little history lesson: Daylight savings was not originally intended for recreation and was not originally in summer. It was brought in during the war years to allow people to find their way home from their employment at arms factories using the poorly lit streets we had at the time. It also allowed for extending the hours in which such factories could operate.

These days daylight savings only serves to benefit dole bludgers who fancy an extra hour at the beach.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
I just went back to 6.03 and solved the whole problem. I'll wait until after the next few bug fixes before I jump in again and upgrade. smile

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
It would be more usefull if the people at mIRC would just fix the bug ASAP, instead of people who don't have the problem coming on here and saying there isn't a problem for them.

I'm over it - just fix the bloody thing!

#Newsroom
Where News & Markets Connect
http://www.inewsroom.net
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
And if ppl who DONT have the problem dont say so, it makes any issue that much more complicated to track down dont you think? IMO, it helps to know who anything does and doesnt effect in order to narrow down potential source.

all went fine for me here in the US on win98SE, v6.12

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Parabrat,

I`m from the UK and my mIRC works just fine for daylight savings.

I have Windows XP Pro (SE1) installed
and have V6.03 and V6.12 of mIRC Installed - both have no problems whatsoever with the daylight saving time.

all my scripts work perfect without having to re-load them up again (which i read about somewhere else on this board)

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
R
R
daylight savings commenced for me in my state of Australia on the 5th October, and my computer made it's normal adjustment as I expected and so did mirc, just as it has all other years...... this was at 2am 5th October using version 6.03 ??? the probelm for me began on october 26th, which is when many other areas of the world adjusted their clocks, and that has never affected me and my computer before.....and I had upgraded to mirc 6.12 approx 24 hours earlier....... I have read where ppl have said to go alter other settings re daylight savings and BIOS etc, I use the computer, I do not feel I should have to go manually adjust MY computer for something that appears to be a problem within mirc, why did mirc have to change something that worked perfectly fine?? the program is used worldwide, so why must parts of the world now have to alter their computer settings to manually do something that can be and is programmed in ??

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
ParaBrat: I was referring to those who were implying there wasn't/isn't a problem at all - but whatever

#Newsroom
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
it's clearly 6.12 that's the problem - previous versions don't do it

#Newsroom
R
R
and yeah, we put our clocks forward one hour on the 5th, so why would we want then to go backwards on the 26th?? and what is going to happen when we put our clocks backwards in March??

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
well, of course since we're not in the US or UK, we are pretty low priority as ParaBrat and the likes have demonstrated!

#Newsroom
N
N
yup, me as well, New Zealand... running XP, and with the new mIRC - only noticed it today, but i have been away for a few days... i need my logs correct, and i do get my systems time updated via server... help please frown

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Excuse me? Just how did i imply anyone was "low priority" based on where they live? By suggesting that those who are and arent effected say so, giving their location, OS and version "in order to narrow down potential source" of the problem is far from indicating any priority scale, denial, or lack of interest based on location or any other dang thing.
If we dont know details of when something happens or doesnt happen, how do you expect anyone to figure out the what/why?

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Hi ParaBrat,

It seems that mIRC retrieves the time from the operating system. Whem it's daylight savings the operating systems adds an hour onto the time.

If mIRC does retrieve the normal standard time, then it isn't adding on the offset obtained by $daylight

Thats what I think anyhow.

Those who were on daylight savings time and had no problem going back to normal time, probably manually changed the time and does not have a daylight savings flag set in the operating system.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
oh dear - I just tried to find 6.03 or something earlier than 6.12 to download in the meantime until they fix the bug, and there's nothing earlier except 5.91 frown

#Newsroom
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I was always under the impression that it was to do with bringing in the harvest...and hence dated back much farther. I'm probably wrong, though smile

BTW, I have not had a problem either here (W98, 6.12) or at my Dad's (XP, 6.12) (changing BST->GMT). I wonder if there's something which is dependent on the $timezone, too - UK having $timezone = 0 doesn't get affected...wild suggestions; like someone else said - it must be something quite obvious.

--
Sais

Sais
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
On W98SE work fine .. But i don't know why my Windows change the time in steptember .. Now in octomber it do nothing wink Anyone have same problem ?

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
Daylight Savings was first proposed in 1907 by William Willett, a British builder and Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society. Willett observed during the summer months the sun rose well before people arose from their bed and set well before most people went to be in the evening.
He proposed to transer some of the wasted daylight hours in the morning to the evening period with the proposed benefits of addition time for recreation, reduced crime and energy savings due to the reduced need for artifical light.
The scheme was ridiculed and met with considerable opposition, particulary from farming interests, and attempts to introduce it were defeated until WW1.
Now the only major inductrialised country in the world not to have introduced Daylight Savings is Japan.
Daylight Savings was first introduced in Australia during WW1 under Commonwealth legislation which, due to wartime emergency, was binding on all the States.
Today, QLD, WA and the NT are the only States in Australia not to adopt Daylight Savings.

o_O

U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
I'm guessing that in six months when the northern hemisphere clocks go back one hour, they will have problems, assuming this bug isn't fixed by then.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Today, QLD, WA and the NT are the only States in Australia not to adopt Daylight Savings.

Quite true. Shame such a good policy affects the jurisdictions with the least people.

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I went on holiday to QLD one year when daylight savings had just started (in NSW+VIC), and the first morning I had to wake up the sun was up at 4am >_< Normally if they did implement daylight savings then it'll be up at 5am which is slightly more normal, darn those silly politicians.

B
B
Whats the point of having a discussion about what daylight savings is about and why its here? Obviously this is a significant problem so why has nothing been done about it? Does khaled even know about it?

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
yes I agree Budz - like I said earlier, it's obvious that because this fault dosn't appear to affect the US and UK, it's pretty low on the 'to do' list!

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well considering no ones pc will ever crash because of it, and no ones mirc will ever crash because of this tiny lil issue id hope khaled puts some efforts into larger problems, like bugs that actually do crash mirc, things like the DNS bug for instance. a timestamp issue is not the end of the world, and i do believe there is a kinda simple work around tho it may not be the one u want, but there is one that will correct your log, it was posted somewhere on this forum already. im sure khaled is aware of the bug, but seeing as no ones life depends on this timestamp bug being addressed, that hes probably working on other things more important. It has absolutly nothing to do with where anyone is from, and suggestion of such a thing is just rude and ignorant of u to say, the world does not revolve around the US and UK. nor does it revolve around Australia. i think ppl need to lighten up slightly over such a small issue.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Lol well I'm not in Australia - of course I bet it wouldn't be a 'lil tiny issue' if you had it - but again, whatever!
Actually, arrogance and stupidity is to suggest this is just a little problem - I happen to use scripts for my channel that rely on posting times etc, so for me it is an issue - as it is for others - so perhaps you should chill and not contribute if you have nothing constructive to help those of us who are having problems.

:tongue:

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
actually if i were affected by it, and again im not. id have already done used the suggested method to get around it for now, until such time it does get dealt with, its really a small minor issue. no use making a huge arguement out of it.

D3m0nnet.com
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
I've used that workaround (that is, to uncheck "automatically adjust for DST" in the Region thingie), but as I posted before, it creates issues with other programs, namely Trillian, that seem to suffer from the same bug, but in a different way.

Trillian seems to set the timestamp to be "Windows Clock Minus One Hour" if that option is unchecked and DST has begun.

Go figure.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well i guess this is where u then decide, which timestamping is more important to u till there is a real fix made, adjust to suite accordingly altho would anyone mind testing this line for me and see if it infact returns the corect timezone?

//echo -a $time(dd mm yyyy hh:nn:ss z) just wondering if its just related to timestamp or if it is all time mirc sees

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I have puters set to handle time change on all of mine, I didnt do it manually.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Not aimed at anyone in particular, just clicked on the bottom post. smile

6 months ago.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are work-arounds for most bugs. That said I don't see why this should not be corrected for the next version. I'm not necessarily in a hurry but to leave it out because some people say it can be worked around defeats the purpose of bug-fix releases entirely.

I am somewhat at odds over the issue of where people live though. All else being equal, it was stated here that people living north of the equator arn't affected by this particular bug. If that is the case I don't know why and it's not important really because whether it affects other people or not, I am affected just the same so it's perfectly legitimate for myself and others also affected to raise that point. From the two threads that outline this bug is it apparent that NSW, VIC, SA, TAS and NZ are where people are noticing the problem. If people are gunna start being snotty about 'Oh why isn't my country included in the thread' then that is the bit that cheapens the discussion. Your reply to Spaceboy is achieving what his posts did, only in reverse. Mind you, if you'd like to carry this on we can start a new thread on why an Englishman favours the US payments system for registration of an English-made software and favours US English over International English in modern mIRC labelling and scripting language. The choice is yours.

If I feel that improvisation is the solution to a problem caused by a software glitch I will do that well before I am required by others to do so. grin

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i think maybe your reading me wrong, im not saying it shouldnt be fixed at all, but what i am saying is more to the few ppl who seem to think an immediate fix is necessary, im sure you can understand when im saying i would rather wait till a next scheduled version than to have a bug fix released just to cover such a minor issue as this. As for the other related issues your rasing, please reread my pos, i was in NO WAY condoning the whole debating about who is from where. nor will i ever debate u on that topic as i personally feelits stupid and childish of u for one to insinuate that mirc is ignoring you just because your not american or english, i personally have no problem with anyon from other parts of the world, it seems ppl here from other parts of the world have problems with ppl from the UK and US. granted over this whole issue , A BUG IS A BUG and it should be fixed, but not such a small thing like this should there be a hasty release of the next version just to get this corrected. Now if u wanna open another thread and antagonize me into payment methods of mirc not being fair, well i say if thats what u wanna do, go for it. you just wont have my arguement to counteract, as really i think it isnt fair. I do agree you should have other means than are currently available to purchase it. Mirc is the largest and most popular IRC client around , it should have more international support, it should have more ability for translation and it should accept several forms of payment options accessable to more than just the US and UK. mIRC is setup like a company, yet it is actually more setup like it doesnt want International clients, piss poor business sense if u ask me. Now i really feel ive said all i need to say on this whole thread,topic,issue,personal strife u feel uve suffered at the hands of an american of englishman. For that i am sorry. But i wont appologize for my opinion, as i dont feel i personally am the reason your upset at these other ppl from countries not of your own.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Thank you one & all - now perhaps we can wrap this up by returning to the original issue of the problem at hand, and how we hope the people at mIRC will address this ASAP!

#Newsroom
D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
I am seeing the incorrect time
Runnning Windows XP SP1 + latest Windows Update patches
mIRC 6.12
In New Zealand - Daylight Savings Time enabled in OS.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
hehe the current "workaround" reared its ugly head today..
winxp connects to a time server to sync the time.
great, syncs it to the "correct" time and mirc problem is alll coming
back again.. then i just have to click click ... change change..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There we go, and who says time servers are accurate? Who calibrates and measures their performance? I'd rather trust ringing 1194 and listening to the time pulses on the phone and manually calibrating my computer from there.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
Just a little note. In my first post I mentioned that Canada was affected by this bug and it corrected itself when they came back off daylight savings. The bug is not OS specific, it rears its ugly head in mIRC versions 6.1, 6.11 & 6.12. I personally just find it annoying and rather than suffer it I just downgraded to 6.03 and solved the problem; no dramas! I am confidant that 6.13 will address this issue. smile

And as for the history lessons of the origins of DST, that is neither here nor there.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
agreed re the history lessons - this thread got way off track with useless and pointless debate.

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes it did when someone suggested it wasnt being addressed just because it didnt affect a select group. which is debating and arguementative in the first place. The issue will be addressed Khaled never lets anyone know what hes upto, hes always been that way, he could release a fix version of mirc to cover this tomorro or next year, its his perogative, and it has nothing to do with the fact he isnt from your locale.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
lol someone's bitter! not really interested in anymore of your snide remarks in this forum - so do us a favour and go away grin

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
lol at me being bitter because i wasnt trying to instigate an arguement as u were, get over urself and the whole world revolves around u attitude.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
ROFL

#Newsroom
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
There is no need for rudeness. Everyone has a right to post politely on any thread. If anyone has a problem with someone else, take it private, dont subject the rest of us to it.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Thank you ParaBrat - I agree.

#Newsroom
D
D
If your finding the time sync's annoying then you can always manually adjust your timezone ahead. Im in sydney and its annoying and the 1st work around (uncheck auto-adjust and set forward an hour) kept stuffing up cause of time sync so i found that setting my timezone to +11 meant it works fine and has no problems with time syncs

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
good idea darkbeholder - just tried it myself and seems a good fix in the meantime

#Newsroom
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Isnt it possible to modify the way mIRC is calculating timestamp, or to at least make a new timestamp variable correct using a script.

Someone ?

M
M
Happening for me too. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and the time is 3.11am but mircs timestamp is at 2.11am

K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
I think the main reason for this post was to alert ppl to this bug that is there, and it is anoying but not the end of the world as noted
I have it at the moment im from NZ running XP + sp1

but it does not kill any scripts that i run but it is anyong none the les
but atm just using
alias _timestamp { return $calc($time(hh) + 1) $+ $time(:nn) }

Lets get dirty
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
<a little off-topic>

I guess you're fine with displaying 24:00 instead of 00:00, but I'd like to point out that if you're going to use more than "HH:nn[:ss]" (like days, weeks, whatever), you need a $ctime calculation in order to make it work properly (ie. "30/10/03 00:05" rather than "29/10/03 24:05").
This can be achieved using $time($calc(3600+$ctime) [,format])

</a little off-topic>

Last edited by cold; 03/11/03 12:49 AM.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
M
M
*ahem*

Are we any closer to a patch for this? Its quite annoying.

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
Just do what some guy/gal said before...

Turn off the feature in your windows time that auto updates to daylight savings, just double click on your time and look around. Then just manually adjust your time until it's fixed in mIRC.

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
All i can do when i adjust stuff is set my system clock 1 hour fast , and that screws everything up rather than mIRC. I've handed this error for the last few weeks, but i'm sick of sitting on IRC and realising i'm late for work/engagements i should be early for. Surely it's not *THAT* hard to fix?

Very frustrated with clocks all over the place here.

K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
So don't use mIRC as a clock ... I'm sure it'll get fixed when it gets fixed.

--

katsklaw
Rather experienced Admin
Rather experienced mIRC Scripter
Amateur C Coder
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just wanted to clarify a comment I first noticed being made by darkbeholder. I was helping someone from the Australia GMT+10 timezone who currently is during Daylight Saving Time. He was able to get the correct mIRC time by selecting in XP a timezone that was GMT+11 which didn't have daylight savings time. I'm confident a new mIRC version will be available before most of the northern hemisphere switches to summertime.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard