mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Today, QLD, WA and the NT are the only States in Australia not to adopt Daylight Savings.

Quite true. Shame such a good policy affects the jurisdictions with the least people.

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I went on holiday to QLD one year when daylight savings had just started (in NSW+VIC), and the first morning I had to wake up the sun was up at 4am >_< Normally if they did implement daylight savings then it'll be up at 5am which is slightly more normal, darn those silly politicians.

You won't like it when I get angry.
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
Whats the point of having a discussion about what daylight savings is about and why its here? Obviously this is a significant problem so why has nothing been done about it? Does khaled even know about it?

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
yes I agree Budz - like I said earlier, it's obvious that because this fault dosn't appear to affect the US and UK, it's pretty low on the 'to do' list!

#Newsroom
Where News & Markets Connect
http://www.inewsroom.net
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well considering no ones pc will ever crash because of it, and no ones mirc will ever crash because of this tiny lil issue id hope khaled puts some efforts into larger problems, like bugs that actually do crash mirc, things like the DNS bug for instance. a timestamp issue is not the end of the world, and i do believe there is a kinda simple work around tho it may not be the one u want, but there is one that will correct your log, it was posted somewhere on this forum already. im sure khaled is aware of the bug, but seeing as no ones life depends on this timestamp bug being addressed, that hes probably working on other things more important. It has absolutly nothing to do with where anyone is from, and suggestion of such a thing is just rude and ignorant of u to say, the world does not revolve around the US and UK. nor does it revolve around Australia. i think ppl need to lighten up slightly over such a small issue.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Lol well I'm not in Australia - of course I bet it wouldn't be a 'lil tiny issue' if you had it - but again, whatever!
Actually, arrogance and stupidity is to suggest this is just a little problem - I happen to use scripts for my channel that rely on posting times etc, so for me it is an issue - as it is for others - so perhaps you should chill and not contribute if you have nothing constructive to help those of us who are having problems.

:tongue:

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
actually if i were affected by it, and again im not. id have already done used the suggested method to get around it for now, until such time it does get dealt with, its really a small minor issue. no use making a huge arguement out of it.

D3m0nnet.com
U
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
U
I've used that workaround (that is, to uncheck "automatically adjust for DST" in the Region thingie), but as I posted before, it creates issues with other programs, namely Trillian, that seem to suffer from the same bug, but in a different way.

Trillian seems to set the timestamp to be "Windows Clock Minus One Hour" if that option is unchecked and DST has begun.

Go figure.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well i guess this is where u then decide, which timestamping is more important to u till there is a real fix made, adjust to suite accordingly altho would anyone mind testing this line for me and see if it infact returns the corect timezone?

//echo -a $time(dd mm yyyy hh:nn:ss z) just wondering if its just related to timestamp or if it is all time mirc sees

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I have puters set to handle time change on all of mine, I didnt do it manually.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Not aimed at anyone in particular, just clicked on the bottom post. smile

6 months ago.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are work-arounds for most bugs. That said I don't see why this should not be corrected for the next version. I'm not necessarily in a hurry but to leave it out because some people say it can be worked around defeats the purpose of bug-fix releases entirely.

I am somewhat at odds over the issue of where people live though. All else being equal, it was stated here that people living north of the equator arn't affected by this particular bug. If that is the case I don't know why and it's not important really because whether it affects other people or not, I am affected just the same so it's perfectly legitimate for myself and others also affected to raise that point. From the two threads that outline this bug is it apparent that NSW, VIC, SA, TAS and NZ are where people are noticing the problem. If people are gunna start being snotty about 'Oh why isn't my country included in the thread' then that is the bit that cheapens the discussion. Your reply to Spaceboy is achieving what his posts did, only in reverse. Mind you, if you'd like to carry this on we can start a new thread on why an Englishman favours the US payments system for registration of an English-made software and favours US English over International English in modern mIRC labelling and scripting language. The choice is yours.

If I feel that improvisation is the solution to a problem caused by a software glitch I will do that well before I am required by others to do so. grin

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i think maybe your reading me wrong, im not saying it shouldnt be fixed at all, but what i am saying is more to the few ppl who seem to think an immediate fix is necessary, im sure you can understand when im saying i would rather wait till a next scheduled version than to have a bug fix released just to cover such a minor issue as this. As for the other related issues your rasing, please reread my pos, i was in NO WAY condoning the whole debating about who is from where. nor will i ever debate u on that topic as i personally feelits stupid and childish of u for one to insinuate that mirc is ignoring you just because your not american or english, i personally have no problem with anyon from other parts of the world, it seems ppl here from other parts of the world have problems with ppl from the UK and US. granted over this whole issue , A BUG IS A BUG and it should be fixed, but not such a small thing like this should there be a hasty release of the next version just to get this corrected. Now if u wanna open another thread and antagonize me into payment methods of mirc not being fair, well i say if thats what u wanna do, go for it. you just wont have my arguement to counteract, as really i think it isnt fair. I do agree you should have other means than are currently available to purchase it. Mirc is the largest and most popular IRC client around , it should have more international support, it should have more ability for translation and it should accept several forms of payment options accessable to more than just the US and UK. mIRC is setup like a company, yet it is actually more setup like it doesnt want International clients, piss poor business sense if u ask me. Now i really feel ive said all i need to say on this whole thread,topic,issue,personal strife u feel uve suffered at the hands of an american of englishman. For that i am sorry. But i wont appologize for my opinion, as i dont feel i personally am the reason your upset at these other ppl from countries not of your own.

D3m0nnet.com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Thank you one & all - now perhaps we can wrap this up by returning to the original issue of the problem at hand, and how we hope the people at mIRC will address this ASAP!

#Newsroom
D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
I am seeing the incorrect time
Runnning Windows XP SP1 + latest Windows Update patches
mIRC 6.12
In New Zealand - Daylight Savings Time enabled in OS.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
hehe the current "workaround" reared its ugly head today..
winxp connects to a time server to sync the time.
great, syncs it to the "correct" time and mirc problem is alll coming
back again.. then i just have to click click ... change change..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There we go, and who says time servers are accurate? Who calibrates and measures their performance? I'd rather trust ringing 1194 and listening to the time pulses on the phone and manually calibrating my computer from there.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
Just a little note. In my first post I mentioned that Canada was affected by this bug and it corrected itself when they came back off daylight savings. The bug is not OS specific, it rears its ugly head in mIRC versions 6.1, 6.11 & 6.12. I personally just find it annoying and rather than suffer it I just downgraded to 6.03 and solved the problem; no dramas! I am confidant that 6.13 will address this issue. smile

And as for the history lessons of the origins of DST, that is neither here nor there.

"Live Outside The Square You Live In"
"Habite Hors Du Cartier ou vous Vivez"
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
agreed re the history lessons - this thread got way off track with useless and pointless debate.

#Newsroom
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes it did when someone suggested it wasnt being addressed just because it didnt affect a select group. which is debating and arguementative in the first place. The issue will be addressed Khaled never lets anyone know what hes upto, hes always been that way, he could release a fix version of mirc to cover this tomorro or next year, its his perogative, and it has nothing to do with the fact he isnt from your locale.

D3m0nnet.com
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard