mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
The life of DALnet is Compromissed Because all server are attacked and a lot a server are de-linked of Dalnet

What i can do for Help ???

:tongue: :tongue:

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
They've been attacked on-and-off for the last 4-5 months, what makes you so sure they'll go down now?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
I've heard that most DALusers have migrated to QuakeNet (which is why the latter has grown that big).

If, additionally, Khaled makes QuakeNet the default mIRC network (instead of DALnet) - I will start to worry about QNet's future wink

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Yeah i've heard that rumor about Dalnet goin down because of the attacks but i will believe it when i see it...It has made it this long why not any longer?

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
According to /lusers at the time of this post, DALnet is about 80% of its highest recorded user count so I think its doing pretty well considering the conditions.
If you check during a netsplit however... :tongue:

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Like i said id believe it when i see it

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If Dalnet does end up history then it will be a sign of the times to come. If the continued attacks do lead to the downfall of Dalnet then the attacks will simply be diverted elsewhere and then elsewhere again and again and again. I note something Necroman said about default servers. He's right in a sense - the biggest network is going to be the next target and there is not a thing that can legally be done about it because the source of the uploads to the websites that distribute the warbots is likely to be untraceable.

Alot of people, including myself, have in the past made the occasional joke about it all but it's a sad reflection on human nature that people exist who wish to undermine the efforts of those who serve the internet community without expecting remuneration for it. ISP's donate bandwidth and hundreds of people donate time to manage servers and give normal users the chance to communicate on-line with others.

To GamerDrag: I am sure that Dalnet will hangon for a while yet. If they do disappear there's other networks to try.

To the war kiddies: A big GET {EXPLETIVE CENSORED} goes out to you. Get a haircut and get a job. The only thing you are satisfying is your flaccid acorns.

Summary: My personal opinion (and it's been discussed a few times by people around me) is that IRC in it's current form has little future. Down the track the dominant servers will be those run directly by ISP's and Web portals such as 9MSN, Yahoo, the ISP run Austnet servers and indeed the network I chat on just to name some. If the attacks on Dalnet are to spread elsewhere then I cannot see ISP's continuing to allow their pipes to be choked by useless data sent by the drones. In a sense the normal users can take some of the blame on board - everyone is constantly advised not to visit websites that are advertised - yet they continue to do so and it's making life hard for everyone in the end.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Quote:
To the war kiddies: A big GET {EXPLETIVE CENSORED} goes out to you.
I couldn't agree more.

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
how do you know? shocked mad I would be so upset if that happened bcs I am always a dalnet chatter.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He doesn't know. Only Dalnet knows how long they can take the punishment for. Everyone else can only ponder on it all.

K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
I am an aop in a very large dalnet room. this isn't my nick btw.lol.. I have heard 2 different rumors so far.
1. The arabs are p***** off & are playing with dalnet. &
2. Some ircops peeved off some turks & now they intend closing dalnet.
So take your pick. But I agree with Watchdog in this..you packet kiddies go to school & get an education or go get a job..alot of people rely on dalnet as a means of communication. So leave it be & stop playing hero..Sheesh.. Dalnet has held off one large attempt & is right now in another one..if these kids are so damn good on computers..put it to use & do something with it instead of stuffing up other peoples enjoyment..

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I agree with putting the computer skills to good use rather than pissing on peoples parades. So where does the arab thing tie in...it dont make sense to me. Ive never heard anything about arabs tor turks closing dalnet...Personally i think its just some kids like its been said before attacking Dalnet....Course I could be wrong....

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
VERY highly ridiculous to say that Dalnet problems are ethnic related. All that does is perpetrate the problems that are already well established in the world.

More than likely, someone with little to do, with a big chip on their shoulder was banned from Dalnet and wants to 'teach them a lesson'... which is how it used to be during the early 90's IRC 'wars'. Immaturity is the root cause. Hopefully, they will be caught and prosecuted soon. Very soon.

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
well i traced down one source of them spam/zombie bots smirk to turkish side IRCd with script kiddies controling them, i sent email to dalnet abuse team w/ info&data i collected about users who where issueing the commands to these bots but never got reply back, this was about 2monht ago

last time i checked the they added DDOS script to them bots :S i wouldnt be supprise it was them who are attacking dalnet

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You're all missing one thing here. How do you even know it's only one source? It's highly likely that the main perperator started out small and some sheep followed the lost sheperd.

If the idiots doing it can mask their identity when uploading the warbots which are usually just a few KB's then the chances of them being caught are pretty slim.

If Bin Laden or the Turks were going to attack servers, I would think they'd attack more than one network. They'd also be likely to attack the whole ISP not just one provided service, that way causing more widespread damage. On that note I think terrorism can be ruled out. Being a Turk doesn't make one a terrorist anyway or even an l337 h4x0r.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
NO NUKES NO NUKES NO NUKES NO NUKES NO NUKES NO NUKES---Sorry I Couldnt resist that one...

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I tend to agree with Watchdog, that it isnt one source. There will always be rumors and speculation, all we can do is continue to report any activity we stumble upon to DALnet as they have requested. Whether they reply to those reports or not, I am confident they are investigating them.

Over the years I have seen so much of this on different networks. Its sad that people, for whatever reason they think justifies this kind of thing, try to spoil things for everyone else and cost others large amounts of money. What's painfully obvious is that they simply dont care what they are doing to other people, and that is the real tragedy.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
C
heh arabs attacking dalnet
they are preparing for a real war

H
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
H
hi smile
actually i was the one who thought of the idea of the disgruntled arabs.
before the posting of instults starts take this into consideration...
not only dal net... but the internet altogether is a thing of "western society". most of the servers are based in "western" nations (america, europe, canada, etc...) and since dal net is one of the biggest it seems like an easy target
i know my idea sounds a little off the wall but you cant be too paranoid
the thing about the turks is a new one to me.
and if it is some dumb kid... GET A JOB ppl will pay you money so you can buy some candy and beer confused

H
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
H
oh yea... this was just an idea that came to mind... i dont solely believe that arabs are behind but i do think in this case... it is the least likely suspect. :tongue:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard