mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#48117 08/09/03 10:32 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I think I've found a possible bug with the /cnick command.
To reproduce this, use a clean install of mIRC, join any channel, type /cnick -am1 * 12 (the 12 can be any color of your choice). This should set Any Nick (Any Mode) [m] in the colors tab of the aBook, which should color any nickname in any message blue (or whatever color you specified), but it only sets it for one connection id (usually the first listed in the switchbar).

I've tried entering the command before joining the channel, hopping the channel after the command has been entered, and finally entering the same settings via the aBook dialog itself. All of which have the same result. I'm using a clean install of mIRC 6.1, the only script I have loaded is an 'on NOTICE' event used to auto-id with NickServ.

- Jason
#48118 10/09/03 03:18 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
you have to do this when you are disconnected
/notify nick note have the same thing if you are connect it only add the nick to notify in id that you run the command
but in my mirc.. /cnick ..... works well

#48119 13/09/03 11:39 AM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
You must be thinking of a different command, /cnick isn't server specific. It is supposed to color the nicknames in the nicklist/messages across all channels and servers. If it is server specific, why isn't there any sign of this in the color list on the address book dialog?

- Jason

Link Copied to Clipboard