Print Thread
#47986 08/09/03 06:50 AM
B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
There is this one guy at this one channel, who is really scaring me to death, he said he's gonna send me viruses, and crash my computer!!

This guy is targetting me, and im not gonna call his name on here!

Please Help

BUU

Yo, WAZZUP
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Type /ignore HisNickName 3 and you will never hear from him again.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Yeah, that can work, but he can stil join my channel, can i ban him without him that is in it!

And this guy is a operater at #mirc

How funny

Yo, WAZZUP
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Inform another operator at #mIRC, I guess...

Don't accept any DCC sends and you should be fine.

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Again, to ignore any verbal assault from him, simply type /ignore Nickname 3

If you are an op in a channel that you feel he is disrupting, you have the ability to /kick and /ban him.

If he is an op in a channel you wish to frequent, that boils down to the politics of that channel on that network, and should not be discussed any further on this forum. You'll have to hash it out with him and the other ops, or frequent a different channel or network.

- Raccoon

B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Ok, im gonna ban him if he messing around again, but if i except no DCC files. Will he be able to crash my computer!

This guy is a real idiot, he gave me 10 seconds to turn him into a Co-Owner. I refused and he said "K time to crash your computer"

Not much is it!!

Thanx Guys, im gonna take this twirp DOWN

Yo, WAZZUP
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
You can always log the chat, do a whois on the person. Take that info and send it to his ISP.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
He's trying to make use of your psychological fear. If you're so scared, go to http://zonealarm.com and get a firewall. He won't be able to crash your computer... Worst come to worst, turn off your computer for a while and come back (or disconnect). And do a virus scan. He can't do anything.

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Apparantly you never had someone target you with a DDos attack. No firewall in the world is gonna help you against that. Fortunately only a few ppl have enough access to actually do that, so the odds are limited of this happening. But believe me, it's not funny when you come across one of those idiots who think that they can get their way by knocking all the ops of a channel offline (talking over 20 ops, different sstems, firewalls, connections, etc.)

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Thanks guys!!!

You have usefull tips!

Yo, WAZZUP
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
But believe me, it's not funny when you come across one of those idiots who think that they can get their way by knocking all the ops of a channel offline (talking over 20 ops, different sstems, firewalls, connections, etc.)

I've experienced this before and I know exactly what you mean frown

B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Is this normal that the most off the ppl on mirc is so rude!!!

Yo, WAZZUP
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
depends on what type of channels you hang on.. i guess it have to do with kiddies being able to hide behind a screen.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
IRC users arent any different from people anywhere else. There are nice ones, not so nice ones, and downright nasty ones. Like in the world at large, pick your company with care, and dont hang out in the wrong places.

Not everyone on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) uses mIRC, there are many different chat programs.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Yeah, the most of the ppl i get on mIRC are normal, some of them are Rude. When you PM them they get pissed off a lot!!!

Yo, WAZZUP
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
well, pm someone you dont know without permission is a bit rude. its kinda like picking a strangers name out of the phone book and calling them just to chat when they dont even know who you are. And honestly, most ppl who do that start off asking "asl" which is even ruder, imo.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Two people passing on the street...

"hello."
"why howdy do."
"pleasent weather we're having."
"indeed, it is."
"how old are you, where are you from and what's your sexual disposition?"
"eep!" *runs away*

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I totally agree ParaBrat, I absolutly hate people with nothing better to do than to find random (if not go down the list completly) and pm to talk. If i wanted tot alk them, the channel is the place to do it--thats why its there..

-KingTomato
B
BUU Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Im busy downloading Zonealarm, so this dumbass who is trying to hack me is gonna get a really big surprise!!!!!!!

Yo, WAZZUP
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
well, there sure are lots of chatters in IRC and you can't expect them all to behave as you wanted them to...

if a chatter is like threatening you with things like that, dont forget to use the /ignore nick so that you won't be troubled seeing what he's saying. with regards to those malicious files, trojans, viruses, etc. he's saying that he would send you, well, just keep in mind not to permit or say Yes to DCC sends that came from those persons you don't know or trust. yup, downloading some firewall could also help.

well, i guess your PC will be A-ok by just bearing those basic reminders in mind...

MaLLoWs :tongue:

Link Copied to Clipboard