Print Thread
#47072 04/09/03 12:04 PM
K
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
K
for some reason I can recieve files but can't seem to send anything
can somebody tell why and how can I fix this??

thanks in advance.

#47073 04/09/03 12:25 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I had this problem once, have you always had this problem?
Most ISP's don't allow you to DCC send or chat, I had Tiscali and it forbid it, so I moved to Freeserve, it wasn't because of the unable to DCC send that I changed ISP's, they terminated my account because I used their service too much.

#47074 04/09/03 02:07 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unable to DCC Send, but DCC Receive fine.

There are many common causes for this, and I will try to explain them the best I can.

1. mIRC isn't configured properly to learn your correct IP address each time it changes. This causes you to tell the people whom you are sending/chatting to-- to connect to an old IP address, or a local network IP that is only relevant to machines on your local network.
Solution: type /localinfo -u or goto Options (Alt+O) > Connect > Local Info and checkmark [x]Local Host and (o)Server.

2. You are sharing your internet connection with other computers via Router or other Network Address Translation (NAT) device. If this is the case, incomming connections are reaching your router but the router doesn't know where to send them (to your computer). You will need to assign a unique range of ports in Options (Alt+O) > DCC > Options under DCC Ports. A reasonable and safe value may be 12500 to 12599, which shouldn't interfere with any other application. Next, you will have to enter your Router's configurations (read the manual) and "Port Foward" or "Virtual Server" (or whatever your router calls it) this port range to your machine's local IP address... TCP protocol.

3. You have an internet firewall of some kind enabled. Windows XP comes with one bulit in and enabled by default. If this is the case, you may have to follow similar instructions as described above, to specify a unique port range that DCC communcations are permitted to travel... though some firewalls (like Zone Alarm) simply have to be told that mIRC is permitted to "Act as a server", regardless of port range. For more information about the XP Firewall, see: HOW TO: Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP

To test if your DCC problem is resolved, simply request to '/dcc chat' with someone, which is technically identical to '/dcc send' but doesn't cause as much concern.

Give these a try and call me in the morning.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#47075 11/10/03 06:22 AM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
im on a network and i changed the ports and this is what came up on the recievers end

i can recieve everything fine but i still cant send

this is what it says:

Session Start: Fri Oct 10 23:02:02 2003
Session Ident: flopitout
DCC Chat session

Client: flopitout (***.**.*.***)
Time: Fri Oct 10 23:02:02 2003
————————————————————
Acknowledging chat request...
————————————————————
DCC Chat with flopitout closed (unable to connect)

where am i meant to put in my router information?

Last edited by flopitout77; 11/10/03 06:24 AM.
#47076 11/10/03 07:54 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard