mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
The new script editor toolbar icon (which I despise) has a minor bug in it.

Type /remote off
the little red dot goes away.
Type /ctcps on and it comes back
now type /ctcps off and it is gone again
/events on it is back, /events off it is gone
but if you type /raw on it stays white.

Why is having ctcps or events on enough to turn the little dot red but having raws on isn't?

B
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
Quote:
The new script editor toolbar icon (which I despise)

i agree the new toolbar SUCKS mad

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
hey now the new toolbar rocks! i mean... i do miss my 3 script editor buttons...but i got over it fast

id rather have it this way than old way

_________
may death strike you.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well considering turning only one of them off shouldnt effect that red light being on now id have to aggree thats a huge bug. especially since the helpfile quotes:

91.A single toolbar button is now used for the editor dialog. The
red light is now on when any of ctcp/event/raw are enabled, and
off when they are all disabled. A right-click on the toolbar
button now displays a most recently used files list.

definatly a bug .. no matter if it looks stupid or not .. its not working like it was published in the versions.txt file

D3m0nnet.com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
<sarcasm>Yup, a 'huge bug'</sarcasm>

We better start a call-back operation before somebody gets hurt ;-)

C
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
Maybe it's a joke to you and really funny, but I spent about 5 hours today trying to figure out why nothing was working and it was because that damn dot was red even though events were turned off. I don't consider that humorous.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
damn im sorry i was under the impression mirc was put out and this board was here to report and verify reproduction of bugs ..... to help the program progress and improve ..... now maybe im wrong in my assumption and if i am then id kindly like my money back. and if u dont like my stand on that u can kiss my ass!

D3m0nnet.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

All things considering, even if it were a bug there's no need to get all bent out of shape over it. You may or may not be a paying customer, but Krejt was simply making light of your statement 'that's a huge bug.' It isn't.

Not to say that something wont be done about it, but there's no reason to overreact.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
well considering in the versions .txt it states it works differently than it does it leads me to believe NONE of these added "features" were ever tested. gimme a break half of whats been added doesnt work properly how can anyone be happy with this crap is beyond me.

D3m0nnet.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is exactly why Khaled refuses to do a public beta program.

Thanks for ruining it for everybody. Have a little tolerance.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
and khaled himself doesnt test a single feature thats been added to notice it doesnt work like he published in a helpfile?

D3m0nnet.com
C
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
Ya know? I've been thinking the same thing, and you've given me reason to post this. Since so many people are saying mIRC 6.1 is "bug free" and "stable" and stuff like that, I thought I'd show this, it is a list of all the bugs that have already been found and confirmed. Keep in mind, 6.1 has been out for what... 2 days?

-/qme and /qmsg think they are /ame and /amsg
-/fopen creates a file even if -n isn't specified
-The colors dialog reverts the scheme after /color is used
-$decompress can crash mIRC and/or the entire PC
-$duration(N,3) screws up with large numbers
-/setlayer no longer can make mIRC transparent
-The right alt key no longer functions
-ctrl+break and ctrl+scrollock don't work correctly under WinXP
-$os returns .NET instead of 2003 for Windows Server 2003
-Paste confirm option incorrectly counts lines in a paste
-Dynamic menus (submenus) are completely broken
-"grayed text" was renamed "gray text" breaking all MTS themes
-Color codes > 16 are no longer parsed (N % 16) instead it just displays black
-Using the favorites dialog to join a channel you are already in makes the active window update, but not on the switchbar
-/hdec actually increases rather than decreases
-Multiline comments (/* */) don't work correctly if placed on a single line
-$fopen produces an error when given a file that is not opened
-Received files folder toolbar icon doesn't update if you change the received folder (for sounds) via alt+o, drop down menu will still say $mirddir\sounds
-Can no longer select multiple channels from the favorites dialog
-SOCKS proxies no longer seem to work
-$fline with regex support always does a case insensitive comparison
-$base incorrectly rounds when converting using floating point
-$dllcall/$comcall crashes if given 3 parameters
-$comcall seems to always freeze even when the same operation using $com works fine
-/fwrite -n incorrectly reports the number of bytes written to the file
-Active "dot" on script editor toolbar button does not function as described

26 bugs found already. If we found that many in 2 days, God only knows how many more will be found in the upcomming weeks. I agree, it seems that 6.1 wasn't tested at all. There were approximately 100 new features added to mIRC, with 26 bugs, that means roughly 1 out of every 4 features added has a bug in it. That seems pretty bad to me, especially seeing as how, it would seem, we've done more bug finding in the last two days than Khaled's beta testing team did in a whole year.

<General reply to those getting mad at people for complaining>

Why shouldn't people get upset? mIRC is not free, you have to pay for it, so if you pay for something, and you don't like the results, why shouldn't you be allowed to complain? If you bought a car, asked for red paint, and they gave you black would you just say "no big deal"? Or would you say "that's not what I wanted"? Because thats how I feel about mIRC 6.1, it's not at all what I wanted. And to use the same analogy, if you brought your new car home and the engine died, would you say "well you're bound to have problems with a car"? Or would you say "you sold me a broken car, I want you to fix it or give me my money back"? Because again thats how I feel, we had a perfectly functioning mIRC (6.03) and then it was, after an incredibly long wait, replaced with a buggy unstable program. So please, tell me why I should be happy?

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I agree.

I believed that the reason behind the long delay in releasing this new version was because of the need to test everything new that was added and seeing that it didn't break everything else. I came to this assumption after having to test my own projects over and over to make sure things didn't break other things (common practice in the real world).

But there are too many things that do not work correctly in this new version, were the beta testers half asleep when they tested it? Perhaps Khaled should do a public beta version, so it can be tested by hundreds and thousands of people in real life situations, with real life data; just like many other programs. Although, I believe that version 6.1 IS a public beta version, because it is very likely that another 6.11 version will be out to fix the bugs in 6.1; it always seems to be like that. How about releasing 6.1a and 6.1b? Alpha version to the current beta testers (who in fact are alpha testers), and a beta version for the public. This would probably fixed some situations, because it'll tell people that it is a BETA VERSION so the odds of you running into bugs is likely (as what has occured in v6.1).

This is my two cents.

You won't like it when I get angry.
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
On the same note, why did he change to a single button? He saved a whopping ~40 pixels, and the toolbar already fit on the smallest of screens.

I have a feeling that 6.11 is going to have all three buttons again.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
and...

-Dialogs render about 1 pixel off from previous versions

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc

Link Copied to Clipboard