mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I know mirc.com have a download site, but that site are incomplete, links cant be resolved.. links are removed and so on.. somone that know another place to DL them? grin

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Heh, within the last hour I asked the same question, well I asked specifically for 6.03, but http://www.mirc.org/archives.html try that.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
thats the one with the broken links.. thnx anyway smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
the link works... I just think the servers are a bit overloaded... what with half the internet downloading the new mirc and hitting the site.... took 3 trys to get to the forums from Australia

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
http://www.mircx.com

click the "Get mIRC" link on the left side... they have every version that was ever publicly released for mirc.. including 6.1

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Thnx

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
I got all version since 2.1 if really can't find one tell me witch one you want and i'll upload it on a site for you... smile

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Make a big *.zip file of them, then i can DL them all from u grin

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
lol yeah im on a 56k atm... would take me some years to upload them...

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
no need to since they are readily available at various sites

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
forgive me if this is a completely insane thought... but the new mirc was changed so that it cannot be edited, supposed to prevent virus, with that said... what is to prevent all these ppl creating these trojans from usng these "readily available" older versions?

D3m0nnet.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ask your question again in 2 years.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Nothing, nor will NOT having them available. Ppl do occasionally want old versions, and better that they can find them at safe sites.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
is Khaled going to start shutting down sites that distribute old versions?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No, but would you want to "hack" with mIRC 4.7 when you could use mIRC 6.1?

The same applies N years from now when we're toasting bread and guiding missiles with mIRC 11.02... who would want to go back? The idea is, you have to start somewhere. At least all versions from 6.1 and up will be "safe".

Admittidly though, I'm not a great fan of shotty integrity checking like that which Khaled used. I both appreciate why he added it and that people should stop ripping off his work... but I'm also a believer that a person should have complete and unrestricted control over the programs they run on their machine.

I would never own a car that I could not modify to my liking, though I would never remove the emblum from the fender either. mIRC shouldn't be any different, IMHO.

On the other hand, I have never modified mIRC either... but then again, I have no trouble reading English and don't have any desire to translate it.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Safe sites? You know how many millions of sites do have archives of mIRC version and are not safe? smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well as was already pointed out, someone has already gotten around mIRC's new protection. So if he could do it, why can't the trojan/virus coders do it? If the purpose of the modification protection in 6.1 was to prevent trojans, then it will fail pretty bad considering, if the person is gonna edit the mirc.exe to say delete files, then they can also modify it to disable the modification detection.

Link Copied to Clipboard