mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
sax Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
- An addition to /filter to be able to modify "on the fly" the lines filtered before the final output. It would need a custom alias (identifier) that returns the final line

- The ability to perform real callbacks modifications in the $regsub subsitution-text field. For example: $regsub(a b c,(b),$upper(\1),%v) just works like $regsub(a b c,(b),\1,%v) : we can't perform modifications to the matched strings. (i guess that this change isn't as easy as it seems)

Thanks

; sax
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Hi. I think I registered here once, but I don't seem to remember my username. Or this board has died, I don't know.

Anyway, there's something in mIRC which has been bothering me for years..... I always hope Mr. K changes it in the next version.... but he doesn't. It is spaces.

I'd like to have a way to play with strings without them being tokenized by white spaces (which eliminates any occurrence of two or more spaces in a row, as well as all of the spaces in both ends of the string). And don't tell me to use $chr(160), because that doesn't always help, and besides it's a very inconvenient solution, in my opinion.

What I suggest is an identifier like $string or something, that allows to play with spaces. Example: var %foo = $string(%foo )
In the above line, a space will be appended to the contents of %foo. Also, if %foo included any multiple spaces or spaces in the beginning/end of it, they will still be there. $string would allow performing mIRC scripting actions without taking away the poor little white spaces.

A different approach would be wrapping strings by quotes. To do that AND keep backwards compatibility, there could be a line prefix, or a command/identifier prefix, which means "any string in the following line/command/identifier must be wrapped by quotes".

In any case, if any mIRC command or identifier tokenizes the input string (with spaces as the delimiters), that behavior should also be changed. And perhaps the way of storing global variables should be changed too, to support multiple spaces.... blah.

There is also a need for an identifier like $args that could be used instead of $1-, only this one would preserve the spaces format. Or $string($1-) could do it.

I'd give more detailed examples, but ironically this board doesn't support multiple spaces as well. And I'm way too tired to start adding that dodgy 160 character thingie.

So please, please add something like this, Mr. K.
I beg you.

- - - - - - - - -

BTW, why is $len($chr(256)) equal to 0? confused
That character put me into a lot of trouble because of that.

Oh, and after reading this thread, here are the stuff I'd like to see as well:

- Rearranging windows on the switchbar
- Right-to-left custom windows
- Add a scrollbar or something to the switchbar when there is no room for more windows.
- Add a query flood protection?
- On KeyUp/Down in all windows

Yours sincerely,
Rotem "sock" E.
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Why a sock?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Quote:
Why a sock?

Hm? Oh, the nickname? You don't wanna know. wink

Yours sincerely,
Rotem "sock" E.
I
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
I
I want a treeview switchbar. When you are on more then 40 channels on different networks the buttons disapear outside the screen.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
for those ppl in that many channels u can script ur own using mdx on the older version of mirc... as for this new thing ... well not yet u cant

D3m0nnet.com
A
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
A
I suggested ages ago that the DCC Send window be larger or resizable. At the moment, it's like working through a tiny peephole, searching for just the right file and/or image. Every IM system has a resizable window for file transfer. Can anything be done about this?

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I personally drag-drop files from explorer into a query window.

With a little modifying of your Drag-Drop options (Alt+O > Mouse > Drag-Drop), you could also drag a file to a channel window and have it sent a selected nick.

*.*:/dcc send $iif(#,$snick(#,1),$1) $2-

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard