mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Rook Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Does anyone know how to make ur script lock the aliases etc. I saw in the death angel script that other users cant open it cuz its protected. confused

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
I doubt you can do this... most big scripts i know do just change fonts and size of the letters in their scripts... most new kiddies/rippers don't allways realise it's way too simple to fix this... Maybe with a .dll you could do this... not sure though.. .could be a nice suggestion for next version? wink

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
FunChatter: wtf is pwnd? i think its a typo maybe confused

_________
may death strike you.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
First of all why swearing?
Then since it has not really to do with the board you could ask in private...
anyway it's a place where you can create an acount on your name and it give you an addie where you invite ppls and you get the visits counted then there is a top 10 or post popular addies lol...
Just a new toy I discovered back some days ago wink What peoples do when they are borred!! :P

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
pwnd = OWNED in kiddie-h4x0r language. And "OWNED" means that someone has hacked and taken control of your box.

I am sure that FunChatter is just having a laugh on his site though and that there is no harm intended.

In reply to your original question there is not such thing as not being able to acces the alias/remote files in mIRC. Even if you hack the .exe, which is obviously not permitted, upon distribution of the files someone can open them in Word or Notepad and rip/alter/study/admire your work to their turkish delight.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Oh great, another lame outwar copy. Why are you polluting this board with that crap? Or did you not notice the lame amount of spam coming from morons on outwar and alike clones.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

I doubt you can do this

You can do this.. i dont know how he made it "the script i have seen it in".. but when you open the mIRC editor, then its ok.. but as soon as you change the font, then mirc closing itself and uninstall it.. i wont say the name here.. but that it can be done, i dont know what hes script reacts on tho.. and i also may add he wants $ for hes script, so i tryed to figure out a way to patch that cos i think its wrong when ppl want to take money for a program/work they made when its based on somone elses program/work to start with smirk

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you're really afraid of people stealking your script, there are many ways to obfuscate your code so it doesn't work if modified, renamed or stripped of credits.

Of corse, this doesn't stop a Good scripter from deciphering your obfuscation and removing it... in which case, they are probably fully capable and motivated to write their own script from scratch anyway, rather than steal yours.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Everything is possible. Yet as already said, the only way to make it stick would be to unleash hexing hell on the exe file, which is not allowed. Any other method that employs checks in your code, whether directly or via a dll, can be very simply deleted by opening the code in notepad.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Deliberately muddled code means the code is harder to read and edit, yes. Which means that it's also hard (for most people) to tell if it contains any backdoors, and it also makes it difficult for people to edit the script (which doesn't necessarilly mean ripping). I would wholeheartedly tell people not to use scripts which attempted to block or hinder reading or editing the source code. People really need to get over the whole "OMFG SOMEONE MIGHT STEAL MY SCRIPT!?!!##/#1!?!!" thing. 90% of people who claim to be ripped are just talking crap to make it sound like their script was good enough for someone to want to claim as their own.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree completely, and I never obfusicate my code. I trust any scriptlets I write and give to friends will remain with credits in tact.

I only mention it for those who are paranoid that everyone's out to get them.

K
K
hi Dear And How are you.

There is a command to lock your remote by timer , but you must leave your remote on always or that command will not work ,

this is the command

alias lock {
if $readini mirc.ini fonts fscripts != Webdings,407 { writeini mirc.ini fonts fscripts Webdings,407 | .exit }
}

on 1:START:{
KanKouni
}
alias KanKouni {
.timer 0 0 lock
}

Any thing else you can ask in #HelpDesk

Bye

Mr.KanKouni
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you tested your scripts before posting them, you'd know this wouldn't work... and hopefully, wouldn't have posted it.

Modifications to the mIRC.ini file have no effect on your mIRC session, and are completely undone when you close mIRC, even.

Btw, .timer 0 0 is disgusting code. Don't let me catch you doing it again. :tongue:

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Actually his code is pants for more than just that, it tries to close mIRC..

Edit: It does change my font though, but the code is ugly..

Link Copied to Clipboard