mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
my switchbar on mirc currently looks like this: http://hammer.prohosting.com/~squirtel/badbar.html It's kinda annoying that mirc won't use that space at the end, the buttons aren't as big as they could be smirk Enabling the "Fill Switchbar" option has no effect

Last edited by Ashkrynt; 04/08/03 07:13 PM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
broken link.

new username: tidy_trax
A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
it's not broken, my webhost is just annoying about image links. If you copy/paste it into the address it should work.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
404 Error - File Not Found
The page or file you were looking for was not found.

new username: tidy_trax
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
came up for me, like 800 channels/queries open

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
i got to your ss fine. i agree that in your situation it is kinda annoying that mirc won't use the space at the end of the switchbar, but with that many open windows, isn't the point moot? i mean, it's not like utilizing that space will allow you to read the title of any of those windows.

imo, if you used a custom switchbar (of which there are many at ms.org), you would be able to better view/work with all of the windows that you have open.

------
deep down, i'm really superficial.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It'll work fine if you paste into the addressbar instead of clicking the link.

Many free webhosts will check the HTTP referrer header provided by the web client to see if an image is being accessed directly from a remote location (and not serve the file if it is).

As for Ashkrynt: I agree it probably should fill all the space available, for what little good that will do you.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The reason mIRC doesn't fill the switchbar completely is because there isn't enough space to add one pixel to the width of each window button in that row.

Of course, it could add one pixel to some of the buttons but then there would be an imbalance in the universe. And we can't have that. It would tilt over to one side.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I still say you should just add a pager control type of thing, that would fix virtually all the problems.

A
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
A
Actually there's about 155px of space at the end, and only 38 buttons, so theres enough room to add 4 pixels to each

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
Very valid point. I count at a bare minimum of 130 pixels which could give each window at least another 3 pixels. With me, it's not so much that I'd want to be able to read the title but that I'd like to see the switchbar full. Either way, it's cosmetic, and highly trival.

Cheers,
GregMo

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
You have to taken into account the seperators though, and space between buttons, you dont want buttons and seperators to be touching each other.... that wouldn't be right.

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
What seperators? What space?

We're not talking about opening new windows, we're talking about the spacing between the currently opened windows.

Cheers,
GregMo

Link Copied to Clipboard